BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found A Donor; Ordered My Kit

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I'm building it as a daily driver, but I won't be able to drive it all the time. Still, I'm guessing at least 10K miles per year, so the 105K mile mark would come in a little over a year. Hmmmm. Decisions, decisions...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think 325whp is going to be tough with what mod's you listed. Cams are not worth it unless you build the entire top end, or get some spec c's etc. Stock Sti's put down like 225whp-250whp depending on dyno, and with just tunes make like 310-360whp absolute max. The Sti has much better flowing heads, more aggressive cams, better turbo, injectors and a better intake manifold to work with the engine. I don't see a wrx making much over 290whp with stock flowing heads and stock turbo etc. I have seen some maybe break 300, but they were really pushed. Good upgrades are factory upgrades are STi: turbos, intake manifold, heads, intercooler, injectors.

Post Thanks / Like
    It was previously making 300 awhp. Driving only 2 wheels, I should see an increase (less mechanical loss). Even if I wind up with less, it hardly matters to me. It will still be far more than I need!

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmaker12 View Post
    I think 325whp is going to be tough with what mod's you listed. Cams are not worth it unless you build the entire top end, or get some spec c's etc. Stock Sti's put down like 225whp-250whp depending on dyno, and with just tunes make like 310-360whp absolute max. The Sti has much better flowing heads, more aggressive cams, better turbo, injectors and a better intake manifold to work with the engine. I don't see a wrx making much over 290whp with stock flowing heads and stock turbo etc. I have seen some maybe break 300, but they were really pushed. Good upgrades are factory upgrades are STi: turbos, intake manifold, heads, intercooler, injectors.
    Did you read his mod list? He already has a VF39 and 740s.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I only saw a limited mod list, Sorry guys, send me a list. It will be far more than most of us will need, you will soon see why.

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries, dude! Like I said, the actual number is kinda irrelevant at this point (for me anyway).

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got my letter in the mail (woo hoo!), but there isn't a field on it that says "Target Production Ship Date: mm-dd-yyyy." Should I infer my target production ship date from the "Comments" and "Date Required" fields?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
    So I got my letter in the mail (woo hoo!), but there isn't a field on it that says "Target Production Ship Date: mm-dd-yyyy." Should I infer my target production ship date from the "Comments" and "Date Required" fields?
    Yup! Let the chaos begin!
    FFR '33 #325 built with hazelwwp & FFR 818-S #11 Delivered on July 21, 2013
    Facebook 818-S/R Build Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Facto...78385198877613
    Forum 818-S/R Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-Build-Thread!
    FFR Project 818 Owner's Registry on Google Map

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    when was your date in the first place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12