Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: THE Wheel & Tire Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
    In the hopes this makes it as a sticky,
    Well it hasn't. Yet. I was about to start one I thought I'd call "THE Wheel and Tire thread". Then I looked carefully through the pages and bam I hit on yours. loll

Let's reference another thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Pics-Thread%29

There are various options on the wheel sizes and tire sizes.

What are you guys going to fit?
    And how do you think it will be in terms of ride comfort, ease of steering, grip, clearance front vs rear (if you have too small tires up front vs rear, maybe you'll have too much clearance tire/fender up front and it will look ugly vs rear? Or you'll have to lower the front much more so the rear end will look jacked up, like those big Muscle cars you could see the rear differential bigger than anything else loll), etc.

I do not know if 215 or 225 are better up front. 40 or 45 series? 17" or 18"?
    Back in the rear, 255s for me, 18". But 35 or 40 series? I cannot make the difference, I don't know if I could feel the difference on the road.

How about you?

Now I am not talking about rim sizes yet, but 18x9.5 rear seems the choice for me.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    Well it hasn't. Yet. I was about to start one I thought I'd call "THE Wheel and Tire thread". Then I looked carefully through the pages and bam I hit on yours. loll

Let's reference another thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Pics-Thread%29

There are various options on the wheel sizes and tire sizes.

What are you guys going to fit?
    And how do you think it will be in terms of ride comfort, ease of steering, grip, clearance front vs rear (if you have too small tires up front vs rear, maybe you'll have too much clearance tire/fender up front and it will look ugly vs rear? Or you'll have to lower the front much more so the rear end will look jacked up, like those big Muscle cars you could see the rear differential bigger than anything else loll), etc.

I do not know if 215 or 225 are better up front. 40 or 45 series? 17" or 18"?
    Back in the rear, 255s for me, 18". But 35 or 40 series? I cannot make the difference, I don't know if I could feel the difference on the road.

How about you?

Now I am not talking about rim sizes yet, but 18x9.5 rear seems the choice for me.
    I am running 17x7.5 Sti bbs with 235/45's all around for all most driving, but I will have a set of 17x8.5 225/40-45 front with 18x9.5-9.75 255-275 35's rear for shows and all highway smooth roads etc. I like Rays wheels and will prob get a set soon after I get her legit and on the road. I don't want to put to much on my car so I potentially get taxed more for those parts at inspection.