Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: THE Wheel & Tire Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

THE Wheel & Tire Thread

There has been a lot of discussion on wheels & tires, as well as a couple other threads. In the hopes this makes it as a sticky, I'm going to reference the other threads here:

New Tire Options (High Performance Tires)

Budget Lightweight Wheels Thread

What I'm attempting to do is gather all the known info we have into a single thread so you don't have to glean it all from other threads like I just did for hours last night! The wheels & tires on my donor are toast, so I'm now in the market. Hence the reason wheel & tire info is now important to me.

I'm going to update this a bit later, but for now, you all might find this document interesting. I put together a list of wheel & tire combinations with various specs so I could get a better idea what route I wanted to go:

Wheel & Tire Combinations

The blue highlighting indicates the - in my opinion - 2 best choices for 17" wheel & tire combinations on the street (The race track types will likely have a completely different plan of attack). The orange highlighting indicates the same for 18" wheels. For both, I've taken into account tire fitment, spacing/offsets (to make sure they will fit and not rub - given the best info we have at the moment), and overall circumference (to minimize speedo error).

UPDATE 2013-05-26
    I've updated the document with specific wheel info, and specific tire info. I've gleaned the data from the previously referenced threads, as well as my own research (THANKS Google!). The document now has 3 tabs:
    1. Sizes - provides estimated fitment for both specific tires onto specific wheels, and for specific wheels onto the 818. I used this site for the measurement estimates: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp
    2. Wheels - A list of specific wheels, including available sizes (5x100 ONLY), available offsets, weights (where known), and prices. I can add links also if people care to provide them.
    3. Tires - A list of specific tires, including available sizes, weights (none yet, but when we learn them...), and prices. Again, I can add links also if people care to provide them.

I will continue to update as I come across or see relevant information, but at this point I would appreciate any input you brilliant folks can provide!
    Last edited by Xusia; 05-26-2013 at 06:43 PM.

2. Thanks biknman thanked for this post