Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
PhyrraM~

I've seen those turbo and super coupes hit 11's, which considering what they weight is DANG impressive! That motor has crossed my list as an engine choice in my Z several times. The main thing that's every stopped me is that I just don't like the T5 much and I just haven't seen a ton of support out there for installing them in non-thunderbird application so I'd be out on my own. Definitely a neat motor though.
Actually, according to Ford, the T5 wasn't up to the challenge of 315ft/lbs in a 3700+ car. IIRC, the 5.0 in those years was rated for 'only' 300 ft/lbs. The Supercoupes ditched the Mustang T5 and used a M5R2. It's basically a rear-shift version of an F150 transmission. It shifts like a (pretty good) truck trans too. But other than the scyncros, it's stout. However, anything that bolts to a 5.0/302/351W will work with that V6.

The 4 banger TurboCoupe is another animal entirely, but it has tons of potential too. T5 bellhousings are available for it, so any trans that uses a T5 bellhousing should be good.