Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Pics of your Subaru donor

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Post Pics of your Subaru donor

Sir Smith encouraged me to post pictures of my subyrod at Bonneville to help inspire you guys and gals. So, this thread will be dedicated to posting pics of your subarus, your donor cars, ...

Here's mine!

I have my FFR MR ??? donor car ready to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful Bugeye. Please say your joking about tearing it down for a donor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm at least 2-3 years away from getting a kit if all the stars align. By then, the suby will have about 180-200,000 miles. It will be prime for a new life as a mr sports car. It's a 50/50 car as I've heard it said, looks good from 50 feet, going 50mph. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by PhyrraM View Post
    Beautiful Bugeye. Please say your joking about tearing it down for a donor.
    I have my FFR MR ??? donor car ready to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    If a 207 goes in then it's a possibility.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm lucky enough to have a few choices for a donor.

First is my '93 Legacy SS (factory turbo). I bought it about 3 years ago to build into a daily driver. This one has tons of work done to it. Most of all a fully built closed deck stroker motor. Unfortunately it got sideswiped and I haven't had the time or motivation to fix it. It doesn't help that I can do anything on a car, but bodywork.

The second is my '02 WRX sedan. I bought it new on '01. It came from the first allocation of turbo cars to the USA. It's bone stock and has been perfectly reliable. It's got a few dents on it, and needs a good bath, but it's still presentable.

Too many pics, continued in the next post.....
    Last edited by PhyrraM; 03-12-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The final on is another '93 Legacy SS. I've had this for about 5 years and originally bought it to build into a rallycross car. I was in an accident but was able to repair most of the damage. I still need to work on a small spot on the rear wheel arch. I started on a automatic to 5 speed conversion, but never finished it because the white car kinda dropped into my hands. This one is very clean with only the one spot needing bodywork.

As it's been sitting for 3 years.

So I think the most prudent move is to put all the good stuff from the white car on the red one. Then the white car can be the donor. Of course, the WRX is FFRs chosen donor. Choices........

Of course, I could also try to go donorless...

The above is only about 15% of my collection. The barn a few pics up is full....literally.
    Last edited by PhyrraM; 03-12-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont have one yet but it seems that I might be able to buy it piece by piece just as affordably....mabey I'll just buy it as a donor pallet from PhyrraM!!!!!!!!!!!!Steven
    ven
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my Subies.

The STi would be sold and would hopefully turn into a swap for the RS and an 818 with a couple of upgrades.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    Dont have one yet but it seems that I might be able to buy it piece by piece just as affordably....mabey I'll just buy it as a donor pallet from PhyrraM!!!!!!!!!!!!Steven
    ven
    With carefull shopping, I bet you could piecemeal it. When the full 'parts in the kit' and the 'parts from the donor' list comes out we'll have a pretty good idea.

You just gave me an idea...I wonder if I actually have enough stuff to sell so that it could pay for my kit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by riptide motorsport View Post
    ven
    I'm planning on buying most of the big parts separately, as I doubt I'll find a car with the exact setup I'm after.

Post Thanks / Like
    Making out my parts list now.

Getting ready to purchase 5MT off of an '04 WRX.

Have a couple of people with EJ205 blocks wanting to sell. One is already .020 over, decks milled .006" and has all parts for 2.2L stroker and matching heads. Thinking about that setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I won't be using my 99 Legacy GT 2.5 as a donor, I would prefer to find a wrecked WRX but here are some images of my Subbie:

I also have an extra EJ25DE engine ready to be swapped in my Legacy when the current one weakens.

Those WRXs above seem too nice to take destroy !
    VenomXS - SuperCobra 1
    New Website with All My Projects | Graduation | POM | Awarded by Factory Five ! |Powered by 03 SVT Cobra Terminator|Please Join SoCal FFRs Group !

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here is my donor car as I'll be building a racer only version to be used for Hill Climb racing:

Have been seriously considering a build like this for a many years. I've always wanted a tube chassis Suby powered GT type race car and now FFR has made the process a whole of lot easier awesome!

Also own a 03 Impreza NA Wagon, 06 Outback XT 2.5 Turbo, and a 08 STI ;-)

BTW my race car is 400 WHP on a STOCK 03 WRX Manual 5sp transmission as long has you know who to drive a car properly the trans will hold up just fine!
    Last edited by biknman; 01-11-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

2005 WRX wagon with an Ej257 w/ Weisco forged pistons, 2011 STI rods and crank 08 sti oil pump swapped in. If it gets beaten up between now and 818 time it will be my donor. Otherwise i might look for a wrecked STI and swap the OEM engine and STi tranny in the wagon, then use the semi-built 2.5 and 5mt currently in my wrx for the kit. I'd have a killer DD and my forever car as a result!

Who knows...

Post Thanks / Like
    With carefull shopping, I bet you could piecemeal it. When the full 'parts in the kit' and the 'parts from the donor' list comes out we'll have a pretty good idea.

You just gave me an idea...I wonder if I actually have enough stuff to sell so that it could pay for my kit?
    A donor pallet is a great idea. For those of us who are limited in space with only a 2 car garage (I live in Los Angeles), storing a donor car is problematic. There is an eBay seller who sells a Corvette Pallet for the GTM and I'm thinking someone will probably do the same for the 818. Even though it'll probably cost me more, I'm thinking that's probably the way that I would prefer to go to save space.

Post Thanks / Like
    track pic.jpg

Here's mine. That's my Dad in the Lotus and my brother (Steve91T) in the Camaro.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I bought this as a donor, but the utility of the wagon, the fun factor, and the convenience of actually having wheels in the city are making me rethink my plans...

The new motor was an unpleasant surprise, but I learned a lot... (see the updates from the garage link below)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeerbaron View Post
    I bought this as a donor, but the utility of the wagon, the fun factor, and the convenience of actually having wheels in the city are making me rethink my plans...
    Most folks don't realize (and won't understand why your constantly telling them) that a WRX is somehow much greater than the sum of it's parts when your behind the wheel. Especially the '02-'07 models.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Most folks don't realize (and won't understand why your constantly telling them) that a WRX is somehow much greater than the sum of it's parts when your behind the wheel. Especially the '02-'07 models.
    It's got its faults. But really, as a cheap beater car, it's manages to be comfortable, entertaining, and useful. It's going to be hard to justify taking this thing apart...

Post Thanks / Like
    If it takes much longer to get together, I'm gonna rip the STi heart out of this one and try tossing it in an 818:

Though I would miss the AWD...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiryu View Post
    If it takes much longer to get together, I'm gonna rip the STi heart out of this one and try tossing it in an 818:

Though I would miss the AWD...
    What is this?

Post Thanks / Like
    IIRC, it's a Murtaya. It's a Subaru WRX based kit car that retains the AWD by keeping the engine in the OEM location out in front of the front axle line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not donors..

Keeping this one 'til I die:

My dirty WRX (Yes, the bumpers are supposed to be missing):

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo241.jpg
    Photo240.jpg

was going to rebuild an old ej205 that is lying around...

but instead i want to use something like this....
    Photo225.jpg
    Photo224.jpg
    Photo226.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
    Not donors..

Keeping this one 'til I die:

My dirty WRX (Yes, the bumpers are supposed to be missing):
    Nice Sti Draco-Rex, I guess we could park together and be ying and yang. Always loved those in black, guess there OK in White,too.

I noticed you are in,around,from Columbus. On Sat. Oct. 15 there is a benefit AutoX in Hebron, for Breast Cancer Awareness. OVRSCCA is organizing the event. I'm thinking about coming up with a couple of others from our region.
    Interested? I'll post a link for the event info. I think $ 5.00 of each entry fee goes to charity, I think the rest goes to event costs. (Insurance,etc.)
    As a matter of fact, I'll start a thread on it with a link to the event.
    Christopher "BattleWagon" Mann
    From the planet Gallifrey
    #260 B/S 2006 STI

Post Thanks / Like
    The company I work for is opening a new store at the end of October and I'll be training to take over the commercial side of it starting the 11th. I will probably have my weekend off, but I won't know what my schedule is like until after the 11th. I'll try to make it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
    The company I work for is opening a new store at the end of October and I'll be training to take over the commercial side of it starting the 11th. I will probably have my weekend off, but I won't know what my schedule is like until after the 11th. I'll try to make it out.
    Cool, hope you can make it.
    Congrats, on the new gig.
    #260 B/S 2006 STI

Post Thanks / Like
    #260 B/S 2006 STI

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiryu View Post
    If it takes much longer to get together, I'm gonna rip the STi heart out of this one and try tossing it in an 818:Though I would miss the AWD...
    PEASE TELL ME WHY YOU WOULD DO THIS? The Murtaya is a stunning car and was my other option to build before the 818 came along. Why would you make this a donor when its already a super light and super fast AWD sports car????

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course, I could also try to go donorless...

Is that a chainsaw in there? I don't think it would provide quite the "get up and go" that's desering of a supercar. Better use something else!

Post Thanks / Like

The new motor was an unpleasant surprise, but I learned a lot... (see the updates from the garage link below)
    Nice P1800 in the back ground. Always wanted one of those. That yours too?
    #260 B/S 2006 STI

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crobin4 View Post
    Nice P1800 in the back ground. Always wanted one of those. That yours too?
    Haha. No, but if you're interested, I can hook you up with the seller...

There are always fun projects going on in this garage, I'm hoping the 818 will soon be one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha. No, but if you're interested, I can hook you up with the seller...

There are always fun projects going on in this garage, I'm hoping the 818 will soon be one!
    That would be sooo cool, but I'd better probably not bring anything else home that doesn't have four legs and fur. My wife would probably leave me.
    Oh WOW that gives me an idea....
    #260 B/S 2006 STI

Post Thanks / Like
    I might be able to get a good deal on a running 04 WRX wagon that has cosmetic damage. Should I wait for the list to come out or do you think a wagon could be ok. It be around $4,500 for a running car with 101,000 miles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wooward View Post
    I might be able to get a good deal on a running 04 WRX wagon that has cosmetic damage. Should I wait for the list to come out or do you think a wagon could be ok. It be around $4,500 for a running car with 101,000 miles.
    The Wagon should not be a problem. At the most you may want to/ have to buy sedan front control arms and rear lateral links.
    I wouldn't be afraid to buy it for that, especially if I could get a couple years use out of it before stripping it.
    What sort of damage?
    #260 B/S 2006 STI

Post Thanks / Like
    2011-01-17 22.11.30.jpg

2.0L VF39 06 WRX 5-speed.

I'll be converting my wagon to an STi...
    400WTQ WRX engine waiting for a new home...

EFI Rules and Carbs Drool Arrowhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had joked before on the forum that my son's WRX was my donor just he didn't know it yet. Well, it might be more a reality now, he smacked a deer pretty good last night. Being it's an '02 w/ full coverage, the ins might just total it, we'll see.

hood, fender, bumper, grille, headlight, it's leaking coolant and the radiator support looks pushed back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crobin4 View Post
    The Wagon should not be a problem. At the most you may want to/ have to buy sedan front control arms and rear lateral links.
    I wouldn't be afraid to buy it for that, especially if I could get a couple years use out of it before stripping it.
    What sort of damage?
    Hail damage. The body is riddled with dents so the insurance company totaled it. I think it got snatched up before I could get to it though. Oh well, the search continues.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw an interesting potential donor on craigslist for $2000. It looks like it has fire damage.
    http://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/2560759301.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BipDBo View Post
    I saw an interesting potential donor on craigslist for $2000. It looks like it has fire damage.
    http://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/2560759301.html
    Definitely looks toasty.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast