FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818S door alignment

Post Thanks / Like

818S door alignment

I agree the paint sticks help but still requires a lot of trimming. Patience is really more than a virtue in this process. Capt. Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    you got that right! I found one paint stick was not enough of a spacer. I'd get a door all shimmed, tighten the bolts, and find the door skin would somehow still rub once the sticks were removed.....over and over. Tony at FFR told me that the door card, when installed, would pull the edge inwards a bit and would relieve this problem....I did not have that luck though. Also, the door is supposed to get a plastic edge trim pushed on to give it a more finished appearance. With mine, adding the trim meant the door dragged again. I think the trim should be on from the start maybe, though no sure.

For me, I have given up in the FFR door cards an plan to make my own. My doors are hung as close to satisfactory as I have been able to get them and I dont want to take them off again! I plan to design some brackets/clips/etc and mount the door cards slightly more conventional so that I can replace and remove them without taking the doors off the car.

Good luck with your install. My patience is a virtue that ran out in that battle!