Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 65 Coupe Windows

Post Thanks / Like

65 Coupe Windows

Has anyone installed roll up windows?
    Where did you find them or how was it done.

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, Gordon Levy will intall power windows but that is $2000.00 Only one to do it. You can use rivnuts on the frames and remove/reinstall them in a couple of minutes..............HTH Steven
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    NukeCoupe: I installed power windows for my ff coupe. Heres a link to the video [URL="http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k547/dave65coupe/"] I wish i had took pics of the window build. This may help a little, all i used from the kit doors was the hinges,latches and the window frames. 1" & 1/2" square seel tubing make the frame. One inch at the top moved outboard & one inch at the bottom moved inboard with a lexan window moving in between the two with the modified window frames sucured to the door frame
    and extended down into the door . A street rod window regulator shorten and modified and leaned a little to the rear mounted between the bars. I cut the doors on the inside at the door panel line but leave a inch up at the bottom to secure the frame on with the top secured at the sides. There are no changes to the body. To sum it up its a MAJOR redo but if you can weld a little & work fiberglass it can be done. Dave322

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k547/dave65coupe/
    Last edited by Dave322; 03-28-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: link not working

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice looking car. Window looks good as well. Do you have a link to more pics?
    Do you think it would be hard to get auto glass that would fit?
    Are the lexan windows flat or curved?

Post Thanks / Like

Dave322

I'm interested in seeing your car and asking a few questions someday if you may have time. The 65 is something I've been looking into the last few weeks. Went to Hickory just last weekend to check out a SuprePerf car. Wasn't a coupe though.

I'm making plans to attend the SAAC event at VIR in May. There were a couple of FFR coupes there years back. And I thought those guy's turned out some really nice cars.

To all,, keep up the good work... You've got something to really be proud of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nuke Thanks , Im working on some more pics but the windows are flat lexan .I dont think u can get a flat saftey glass from a production car that would work. But u can probly find a company that could make it from a template. Thanks Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Nuke not sure what happen to original post about power windows but heres the link again

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k547/dave65coupe/

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at an auto glass shop a few yrs ago and he was making flat side window glass for a street rod. He said he can buy flat Safety plate(two layers of glass with plastic in between the layers) in assorted sizes. He then cuts the top and bottom layers and actually was using lighter fluid to burn the plastic layer. then he polished the edges. They looked like factory when he was done and it didn't take him all that long. I guess the answer is to make a template from cardboard then find an old time glass shop that specializes in HOT RODS. There are hot rod kits for power windows. I believe they even can be purchased with side tracks.
    http://www.julianos.com/posi_glide.html

Kenny
    Last edited by first time builder; 03-28-2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: additional information

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found a place that has a different kit and also sells side tracks seperatly.
    http://www.spwkits.com/main.php

Also checked local glass shops and several said they can make up flat safety plate windows, I also found several online to do mail order.

Kenny

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see that Gordon Levy is working on a solution. might pay to wait. You fiquire that a kit is probably 450.00 plus side tracks another 100.00, then custom glass has to go for 250-300. Glass wipe moldings for another 100.00 ,Plus shipping so thats probably around a grand. Then you have to fiquire a way to cut open door and make up mounting system. It can be done. I just retro fitted power windows into a 1959 Vette, they said was a direct fit , want to bet ? I got it to work but after many hours of cutting fitting and re cutting and re fitting.

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like
    Brett I would be glad to show the coupe to you. Im redoing the dash now but when I get it finished I will let you know

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dave322

I just feel the need to do my homework this time. Bought a CMC kit out of Florida back in the mid 80's. Guess I was one of the lucky ones who did at least get all the back order parts.

[email protected]