BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Parts Needed to Complete 65 Coupe from the "Complete Kit"

Post Thanks / Like

Parts Needed to Complete 65 Coupe from the "Complete Kit"

Per FactoryFive.com, if you get the "complete kit", all you need are: Engine/Transmission/Rear End with Brakes, Wheels and Tires, Paint, Fuel Pump to complete the build.
    Is that realistic or am I going to have to chase down a bunch of little things that drag out the process. I don't want any surprises. I need to have the cost nailed down up front if this is going to happen.
    For example: Besides the engine, I would assume I may have to hunt down brackets, accelerator cables, wiring harness, etc. to complete the build. I need to know all these things.
    Does anyone have a build sheet/cost sheet for a non-donor build they would mind sharing (publicly or privately) showing all parts expenses with all new parts?

I would like to build one that is similar to this one on E-bay. (minus the Roush engine)
    Go to Ebay and search for "1964 She1by Daytona Cpe" (Type in correct spelling for she1by) ....very very nice car.

Thanks !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nuke. You can build A running fuctional car as advertized it comes with the wiring harness for A carb efi is optional, and the accelerator cable. The thing is almost everybody when they get the kit end up adding and changing things to make it A better or more personal car. bare bones, as is you could probably build one for an extra $500.00 for oddes and ends ( nuts, bolts, washers, elect plugs, and connectors)

Post Thanks / Like
    Nuke if you don't stick to the basic plan as Chaz referred to you can figure on about 2-3K in misc. stuff and and another 5-10 in upgrades for performance items. Then there's all the cool stuff you'll find on the forum for updates/mods like the parts from Russ like the A piller wind deflectors and gas pedal among other.
    It's never too early to start beefing up your obituary.