Well, build week is complete and the car is about 95% done. All that remains to be done is to get the hydraulic clutch system working and to mount the doors.

First, the kit. This was my first experience working on a FFR, and I was very impressed with the Mk IV kit. We got the "complete kit" with IRS, wiper, and heater options. For the most part, everything went together easily and fit well. The only real fitment issues we had was the holes for the quick-jacks were not quite right and there was no way to route the lower radiator hose without hitting the tow "hook" on the front of the frame. I did a good bit of the aluminum panel installs and they all fit well.

The area I was most impressed with was the wiring harness. I did about half the wiring and the Ron Francis wire harness is very nice and well integrated with the kit. Considering how long it took me to do the wiring on my car (EZ Wiring and Ford Racing harnesses), I was a bit concerned that we would be able to get this done. However, we finished up the wiring on Sat evening and everything worked. The only minor (and I mean really minor) issues we had were 1) the kit didn't include the proper connectors for the wiper switch (it has the really small terminals on it) and 2) please include TWO green turn signal indicator lights, one for right and one for left.

Mark Dougherty did an outstanding job directing the build and he really knows his stuff. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a bit of help with their build.

We really had an amazing turnout of people to help on the build. We had at least twenty people from three states come and help at different times. I was a bit concerned that we'd have a bunch of people standing around waiting to be told what to do or we'd be getting in each other's way, but that really didn't happen. Everyone jumped in, were productive, and worked shoulder-to-shoulder at times. Overall it was a great experience and I was glad to be a part of it.

Pete