Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hot Rod AC Brackets

Post Thanks / Like

Hot Rod AC Brackets

I have thoroughly enjoyed taking in all the information concerning the 33 Hot Rod as I anticipate the delivery of my pile of boxes around the first of October. The hard work and contemplation that many of y'all have applied to the build of this cool car is a huge asset to a guy like me. I have probably missed it somewhere, but my questions center on placement of and availability of the AC compressor bracket(s) as well as the alternator. The engine I am building is based on the Ford Racing Boss 302 block with Twisted Wedge heads. I would prefer the ac to mount low on the passenger side as I see the firewall ports are on that side. Thank you for allowing me into this forum and I await your direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a ford Racing Boss 347 Im putting in mt Type 65 coupe. Im using a system from Concept One

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think you can mount the compressor low. There is not much room low. I used billet specialties. See wallace18 build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Much thanks, mtcoriel........the Concept One setup looks great with the compressor mounting low on the right side and with the supplied dimensions it looks like it's a go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I used the Miller Speed unit. I had to move the 1" diagonal tube outboard though and it uses the smallest compressor out there I believe. Pic on my build page of the engine.

Tim Whittaker
    Kootenai Valley Customs

Post Thanks / Like
    I can not discover any details. on ac brackets! i would like to put it on the PS. down low.i can maybe get one from Ventage air but they look $$$!
    Leading Authorized Dealers of Scales|Bench Scales
    Last edited by kdeo111; 11-01-2013 at 02:14 PM.