Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Boz's 33

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome Boz, im jealous. I am currently fitting the trans tunnel, i have the old style that does not have the cutout along the top. I am having to trim quite a bit to get it to fit. I was wondering if you can post some pics of your tunnel and the throttle pedal area. I am concerned that the supplied pedal is going to be way too far away for me because it mounts to the lower toe board of the firewall. I may have to purchase a floor mount version unless i can figure something out. Thanks and again very nice job.

Evan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by esff32 View Post
    Looks awesome Boz, im jealous. I am currently fitting the trans tunnel, i have the old style that does not have the cutout along the top. I am having to trim quite a bit to get it to fit. I was wondering if you can post some pics of your tunnel and the throttle pedal area. I am concerned that the supplied pedal is going to be way too far away for me because it mounts to the lower toe board of the firewall. I may have to purchase a floor mount version unless i can figure something out. Thanks and again very nice job.

Evan
    Thanks. I used 1 and 1/2 inch spacers to put my pedal even with the frame. The main reason for that was to make my linkage system work better. I believe the two piece tunnel is more forgiving than the old one which is why they don't supply the pedal box modification any more. I moved the left side of the tunnel to within a 1/4 inch of the clutch pivot for pedal clearance and it appears even with size 13 feet it's gonna be okay. Gotta be careful with the front mounting on the tunnel because you lose aluminum to mount to as you shift the tunnel. I'll do some pics this morning and post them tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and a master switch..........wonder where I got that idea???
    P9300005.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking really good Boz! Got a quick question, what length 10-32 screw did you use on your firewall?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crspdsk8 View Post
    Looking really good Boz! Got a quick question, what length 10-32 screw did you use on your firewall?
    Thanks. I used 1/2 inch long on the inner / outer firewalls / forward mounts on the tunnel and floorpan to lower firewall. Most everywhere else I used 3/8 inch long. I bought 200 altogether and there aren't but a few left.