Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
I have to concur with Gearsmith.

How many times have we all started drooling over a concept car that turns into vaporware six months later? Steven Wang's design screams concept car, but looks (with the above tweaks) very doable, manageable, and I think would still look awesome to the owner two years down the road (no loss of novelty factor).

With all respect, Xabier's sketch looks like the (very nicely put-together and still very sexy) lovechild of a Boxster and a Miata. Nice lines? Absolutley. New lines? Not so much...

I can't help but think that you'll be (soon tired of) answering the question of if that's the new Mazda...
Ironically I think exactly the opposite, Xabier's car looks considerably more 'doable', considerably more practical, at least considers using elements such as the Impreza's headlights and whilst there are some faint hints of other cars in there, they are just that so in my mind they are new lines.

We do agree on some things though and with all due respect to Steven Wang's design it does indeed scream 'concept car' and for that reason alone and for the very same reason why you almost never see a concept car become a production car, I prefer the more realistic possibility of Xabier's design.

New Mazda? Not really, new Lotus? Maybe, new Ferrari? Less likely, new Pontiac/Saturn Solstice/Sky comeback car? Most likely.