Quote Originally Posted by 2bking View Post
I almost purchased the Breeze support but it seemed to rely on friction at the strap mounting points to provide support which to me didn't look very structural. So, I was in the process of designing a lower support but didn't know exactly where the bottom of the radiator was supposed to be located so I consulted the build manual. I got out the nose sheet metal and started piecing it all together. I discovered the lower flange on the radiator gets riveted to the sheet metal across the nose which in turn is riveted to the sheet metal on either side of the radiator. With it all cleco'ed together it seemed to provide very good support. The build manual doesn't show installing these pieces until after the body is on so I can see how a lower support is needed until then. After that it seems to be redundant. The weakest part of the sheet metal is the connection of the side parts to the nose so I decided to add a doubler there but I haven't done it yet.

I am concerned about the difficulty in replacing the radiator if the need occurs. With the body on work space is limited thus making the job of drilling and riveting difficult. I have read many threads regarding leaking radiators so that time may come.
King: FWIW, I used a piece of the thick bulb seal on the front of the lower rad mount aluminum where it meets the body and I used riv nuts to attach the aluminum plate to the lower rad. This is now a removable mount plate with a ~ friction fit to the front of the lower rad opening of the body. The rad is sung with no noticeable vibration (eliminated by the thick bulk seal) and no rivets are required (no holes into the body).

Good luck