Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 818 assembly tips- add yours

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fastzrex View Post
    Do not use PhotoBucket; there are other free services you may use such as imgur. You may also imbed for those images for which you have copies.
    I think the issue he is seeing is that earlier posts are showing the photobucket error. That error is for the users that used photobucket to link photos. I bet when they first posted, photobucket wasn't charging.

It would be great if those users updated these photos, they have such great info! I can't wait to order and start! The donor is waiting for me to start wrenching on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CBUS818 View Post
    I think the issue he is seeing is that earlier posts are showing the photobucket error. That error is for the users that used photobucket to link photos. I bet when they first posted, photobucket wasn't charging.

It would be great if those users updated these photos, they have such great info! I can't wait to order and start! The donor is waiting for me to start wrenching on it.
    That is what I am finding! As I read the posts, there seems to be lots of great information, but none of the photos are available to see what is being discussed without a premium Photobucket account.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't store the photo's here because I couldn't figure out how to make them full size in the post. Photobucket seemed a good way to go. Using a free hosting site was great, until it wasn't.... Trying to switch to imgur, we'll see how much work it is.
    -Steve

4. Thanks Jetfuel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try PostImage hosting. Free and no hassle.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Google drive works well. You can't directly embed photos easily, but you can embed a link and - more importantly - you can link to video, documents, spreadsheets etc.

And since it's Google it'll link across all your other Google accounts (Gmail, Youtube, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've noticed alot of pics are now missing due to the issue identified above.
    Its too bad... there is a lot of good info there, and I'm sure that it would be a lot of work to go back and re-load the images.

I've been just uploading from my computer.
    I select the pictures from my albums that I want to use, then copy it to an "upload" file, reducing the size at the same time.
    It means you need to resize the jpg or whatever format you are using, but it works quite well.
    Once I have uploaded to the forum, I just delete it so I don't have duplicates.
    I haven't found a similar format for videos... so I just recently created a youtube account and provided the link.
    Harley
    Bought 2002 Donor Jan 2014
    First Start Jan 18, 2015
    First Drive Feb 14, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Imgur i think is the best.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that Chrome has a fix (for now). I downloaded the Chrome Photobucket Hotlink fix and I can see all of the photos that were uploaded previously from Photobucket. I've not found anything for any of the other browsers, but it is immensely helpful to be able to see all of the photos that have been posted over the years. Thank you for all that have shared and continue to help with my build!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by melnjoel View Post
    I found that Chrome has a fix (for now). I downloaded the Chrome Photobucket Hotlink fix and I can see all of the photos that were uploaded previously from Photobucket. I've not found anything for any of the other browsers, but it is immensely helpful to be able to see all of the photos that have been posted over the years. Thank you for all that have shared and continue to help with my build!

Updated Edit:

Did you read the reviews about how it is sending your info to a third party and injecting his stuff into Amazon? That is the
    "Photobucket Hotlink Fix" extension.

However the "Photobucket Embedded Image Fix" has excellent reviews and so far seems to be working fine on the images in the FF forum.
    Last edited by Sgt.Gator; 03-11-2018 at 11:23 PM.
    "Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    818R ICSCC SPM
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM
    Palatov DP4 - ICSCC Sports Racer

Post Thanks / Like
    I used locktite , put the ball joint in the freezer , and got the loaner tool from Autozone #648617T , it has the correct socket needed in the kit. It will go right on

Post Thanks / Like
    If you need to make a bracket to match some holes, grab some packing tape from the dollar store. It's thick enough that it doesn't stretch or twist. Lay it over whatever you need to match (in this case it was intake manifold holes for the de-gas tank). Smash the tape with your thumb, and when you pull it up, you'll have a template for the holes. Just stick it to whatever you're drilling, and aim for the center.

bolt template.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    CV joint pipe trick
    https://youtu.be/pTooPkTAmIk

14. Thanks TheMeta thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Install this panel ASAP

Install this panel ASAP before installing various systems while you have easy access. I'm doing it now and it's a bare with the sway bar, master cylinder, brake lines, coolant pipes, shift cables, steering column, etc. all in the way because the rivets are inboard of the frame. The surrounding splash guard panels can wait because the rivets are outboard of the frame. inboard panel.jpg
    Last edited by Dave 53; 05-18-2021 at 10:36 PM.

16. Thanks jbs72697, driveslikejehu, BigDanSubaru thanked for this post
    Likes jbs72697, driveslikejehu liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234