Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The budget gearbox kit gets better. August Only $8000.00

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The budget gearbox kit gets better. August Only $8000.00

Hey there everyone,

So it was my intention to simply modify my previous post which it would allow me to do sort of, but I wanted to make sure no one missed this change.

I was offered a bulk purchase deal on these factory reman gearboxes this morning, and I said yes. It was more than a bit of a stretch, but I have faith that people here will recognize a good deal when they see it.

For the Month of August only, I am offering my very popular Porsche 996 6 speed gearbox package, inverted with cooler in and out kit with all of the parts and pieces needed for installation for only $8000.00 plus shipping

I will get a gearing chart made up and added to this listing here in just a couple of minutes. If anyone has any questions that I can help with PLEASE either ask them here or call me directly.

Happy Building all,

Erik Johnson
    The Race Line
    (970) 344-7761 phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Erik......would this be a G96-50?
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there Shane,

No this is the G96.00 gearbox option that we put together for the more budget minded builders. The G96.50 is a bit more expensive. I do have one though if you are in need of one for a build. Give me a call if I can help.

Erik Johnson
    The Race Line
    (970) 344-7761 phone

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to remind everyone that August is nearly finished, if you were thinking of taking advantage of this great deal, please get in touch with me soon.

Happy to help,

Erik Johnson
    (970) 344-7761 phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Erik, what are the major differences between the G96 00/50? Is there any advantage to one over the other when using up to say a 400HP engine? Also, are you including the cable shifter? Thanks! Bob

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there Bob,

Okay so here we go. The G96.00 is a gearbox out of the 911 street car (996 generation) and the G96.50 is out of the 911 TURBO platform. Between the two of gearboxes the G96.50 is the stronger of the two, and typically as a result is far more expensive. The G96.00 is a fantastic gearbox for a 400 HP engine and will not have any issues at all with handling that kind of HP and Torque. They are both cable shifted gearboxes, and yes to answer your other question a cable shift kit is usually part of the kits that I sell.

The turbo gearbox is usually going to have a cost of about $10,000 - $10,500 all by itself. This is due to the market value of the gearbox, the as well as the cost of rebuilding them once a core is found.

Both of these options are very good, but for a 400 HP engine I would recommend the G96.00 over the G96.50 due to cost as well as a couple of other reasons. The G96.50 in my estimation is over kill for a 400 HP platform.

Thank you for your questions and please continue to ask them until you are completely comfortable with a direction you wish to go in. You can always give me a call as well and we can discuss gearbox options until the cows come home if you would like. LOL

Always here to help.

Erik Johnson
    The Race Line
    (970) 344-7761 phone
    www.theraceline.net