BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Weather strip between cowl and door?

Post Thanks / Like

Weather strip between cowl and door?

I know it is a race car, but has anyone come up with a good idea to place a weather strip between the cowl and the door? Standing beside the car I can see right through into the interior.....which means I could get wet
    Thanks,
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    The consensus is that you're going to get wet.

Some of us have used adhesive backed "D" shaped weatherstrip in the door to reduce the amount of rain getting in. You'll have to measure and experiment with sizes to get something that works for you. I ended up using two sizes for the front of the door opening. I still get a little water that runs off of the windshield.

The other major entry points for rain for me are the base of the scoop window and between the bottom of the windowframe and the door.

I've driven in hard rain, and you end up feeling like you're driving in a production car with the window partially open. The worst part is getting in and out when the car is wet. Pack a dry towel or you'll be sporting some interesting "watermarks" on your pants when you stop for a break.
    Coupe #497 delivered 7/29/10. Engine in on 10/1/10. Pushcart on 10/4/10. First start on 12/01/10. First go-cart on 12/31/10. Finished and on the road as of February 2012.
    Coupe Body Buck Plans - My Spray Booth - Painting Lessons Learned
    Build site: www.bamacoupe.blogspot.com
    Lots of build photos and some observations: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53614858@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, I figured maybe keeping a couple of dry towels in the car would be my best answer.

FFR Rookie Craftsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy,

Since I have a Spyder w/out a top my concerns are dust and dirt entering the passenger compartment. I keep trying to decide how to seal different areas to keep the dust/dirt and road spray out.

Paul
    FFR 4859GT 414W (stroked 351W, 4.0" stroke, 4.060" bore). Tremec TKO 5spd. IRS w/3.55 and Torsen diff. 13" dual-piston front disc brakes (Mustang Cxxxra parts), 12" rear disc brakes (Corvette parts). 2003 Mustang Coxxa wheels, 275/40 front, 315/35 rear.

Possibly the only person in the world that is currently building a Spyder GT.