Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Aluminum Fuel Tank by Boyd Welding

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post

Yes, the 818 assembly manual shows to use the Subie filter (p176), however I plan to use something smaller and nicer looking.
    Doesanyone know where this filter is located. My donar was a 2006 wrx wagon and i swear it didnt exist. if i remember correctly all the documentation i had on the maint manual said there was a filter in the tank but i sure would hate to change it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dougkirkbride View Post
    Doesanyone know where this filter is located. My donar was a 2006 wrx wagon and i swear it didnt exist. if i remember correctly all the documentation i had on the maint manual said there was a filter in the tank but i sure would hate to change it.
    The stock fuel filter is located in the engine bay near the washer fluid tank. It's not in the fuel tank. As others have mentioned, it can be replaced with a better looking aftermarket filter.
    fuel filter.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    The stock fuel filter is located in the engine bay near the washer fluid tank. It's not in the fuel tank. As others have mentioned, it can be replaced with a better looking aftermarket filter.
    fuel filter.jpg
    There might be some confusion, the wrx has a filter in the engine bay and on the top fuel pump sock. This is prob were it got messed up.