Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coyote into a Mk IV

Post Thanks / Like

Question Coyote into a Mk IV

When I ordered and received my Mk IV Factory Five did not have a total package for the Coyote worked out. I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with regarding any tweaks or options offered for supporting the Coyote in the Mk IV Roadster (I have the 4.6 Mod Motor option “stuff”).
    • Motor mounts: I ordered the Energy Suspension option from FFR and the ES motor mount part number that came is 4.122G for the 4.6l. Is there a different mount for the 5.0? Energy Suspension lists a 4.1127G. How much different is this from the 4.122G? Can I swap with FFR if they are different?
    • Wiring: Is there some additional things needed to interface the Ron Francis wiring harness I got with the kit to the Coyote Controls Pack from Ford Racing? Are there details or instructions on what /how to make that work?

I have a handle on mounting the TBW pedal, and I'm making mods to the 4.6 foot boxes for a bit extra room for the DS head, and at the bottom for my duck feet (really wide!)
    Thanks for your help.
    Chris Lewis
    Confidence: The feeling you have before you truly understand the situation. FFR 7652 Mk IV Base Kit w/IRS: ordered 10/19/2011; Arrived 11/19/2011. Coyote, Trans & headers Installed 9/11/17. First Start 12/19/17, First Go-cart 3/2/18. Aligned and go-karting. Working the interior now. Happy customer of FFR, North RaceCars, Forte's, and Breeze.
    Chris Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure on the 4.122G or did you receive 4.1122G? The 4.1122 is for a '84-'95 5.0L pushrod motor, not a modular. You want the 4.1127G (G is for black).

Transmission mount will depend on which transmisson you use. TKO/T5 takes a 4.1104.

As far as integrating the Ron Francis wiring harness to the Coyote Controls Pack, there is a detailed installation document that covers wiring in depth directly from FFR. I emailed it to you already...

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride View Post
    When I ordered and received my Mk IV Factory Five did not have a total package for the Coyote worked out. I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with regarding any tweaks or options offered for supporting the Coyote in the Mk IV Roadster (I have the 4.6 Mod Motor option “stuff”).
    • Motor mounts: I ordered the Energy Suspension option from FFR and the ES motor mount part number that came is 4.122G for the 4.6l. Is there a different mount for the 5.0? Energy Suspension lists a 4.1127G. How much different is this from the 4.122G? Can I swap with FFR if they are different?
    • Wiring: Is there some additional things needed to interface the Ron Francis wiring harness I got with the kit to the Coyote Controls Pack from Ford Racing? Are there details or instructions on what /how to make that work?

I have a handle on mounting the TBW pedal, and I'm making mods to the 4.6 foot boxes for a bit extra room for the DS head, and at the bottom for my duck feet (really wide!)
    Thanks for your help.
    Chris Lewis
    Last edited by bansheekev; 08-16-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    MKIV, IRS/TruTrack/3.55s, Coyote, TKO600, Wilwoods
    Delivered: 1/6/2012
    First Start: 1/19/2014
    First Go-Kart: 2/1/2014
    Graduation: 1/4/2015
    Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    TBW pedal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Must be referring to the drive by wire throttle pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by mentatbashar View Post
    TBW pedal?
    MKIV, IRS/TruTrack/3.55s, Coyote, TKO600, Wilwoods
    Delivered: 1/6/2012
    First Start: 1/19/2014
    First Go-Kart: 2/1/2014
    Graduation: 1/4/2015
    Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry - TBW - Throttle By Wire

Got the stuff you sent Kevin - thanks a ton. Lots of good info. I will double check on the motor mounts, as I got all of the 4.6 sheet metal. I may have written the part number down wrong.
    Confidence: The feeling you have before you truly understand the situation. FFR 7652 Mk IV Base Kit w/IRS: ordered 10/19/2011; Arrived 11/19/2011. Coyote, Trans & headers Installed 9/11/17. First Start 12/19/17, First Go-cart 3/2/18. Aligned and go-karting. Working the interior now. Happy customer of FFR, North RaceCars, Forte's, and Breeze.
    Chris Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally got a chance to check my stuff last night.

Box is labeled from FFR as "FFR-14222 4.6L Motor Mounts"
    Energy Suspension marking on the box is "4.1122G Mustang Motor Mounts"
    Insides are 2 motor mounts (no marking I noticed) and a bag marked 4.1104G Transmission mount.

Google search indicates that part number is for the pushrod V8 - so I guess I need to call FFR and get that fixed

Thanks guys
    Chris Lewis

Purchaser, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,
    It is quite possible you received the incorrect mounts. The 2 ES boxes are next to each other on the shelf in the warehouse. Email me pic(s) at [email protected] of the box you received. If you indeed did receive the incorrect mounts I will be able to swap them out for you.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Email Sent
    Chris Lewis