Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Think I will need some rice

Post Thanks / Like

Think I will need some rice

I have been looking into building another car, but I wanted to go light wieght and run a 4 cylinder engine. I have been considering building a locost car with a S2000 drive train. My only hold up on doing this project is my lack of enginnering design to make the cars frame strong. Well FFR is coming out with there new project 818 and I think it is a perfect fit for me. I know it will be time before the car hits production so I guess I will need to keep driving the red roadster for a while
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I can't wait for the new kit to come out, I'm already donor shopping. I would like to go with the 2.5 engine, but the 2.0's seems to be a lot less$. We'll see what is more feasible once the "parts we will use from the donor" list comes out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also looking into building another car. I saw a 1957 Porsche Cabriolet replica that uses the same basic design the F5 is looking at, using the Subie drivetrain as a mid-engine platform in a tube frame. The only problem is they are not available as a kit. They will build and paint a roller and sell it to you and then sell you an engine which they will install for you. Sound familiar? They've been building them for years.
    http://www.specialtyauto.com/PORSCHE.htm
    John

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing right.