Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Undercoating

Post Thanks / Like

Undercoating

I was wondering if you guys could share what brand/type of undercoating you used on your panels. I was going to spray it on the underside of my floors before I rivet them down. I'm curious as to which ones have worked the best. Thanks for the help guys.

Evan

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's just for coating Evercoat makes a nice easy spray you can get which provides a textured, paintable surface that doesn't smell like tar as much as the Pep boys stuff does. For heat resistance, lizard skin is the way to go. Personally, I'd run the heat shields and undercoat as well as the sound mat inside. With your HP, it might get a bit hot underneath.

I didn't even undercoat my aluminum. I just used it for the inside of the body and it all worked just fine.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had great sucess with Lizard skin. Check my thread you will see what I did. It is good to see you back at it!

Post Thanks / Like
    My plan is undercoat and use heatsheild. I hope the spray adhesive holds the heatsheild, sure be embarrassing going down the road dragging a a piece. Also have the mat for the interior. After running my car a bit this week I can tell the underside has got to get pretty warm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, i think i will fabricate a couple of heat shields to along with it. I gotta get my arse in gear Wallace, you're on car number 2 and got yours after i did. Sometimes life gets in the way. Haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by esff32 View Post
    Thanks guys, i think i will fabricate a couple of heat shields to along with it. I gotta get my arse in gear Wallace, you're on car number 2 and got yours after i did. Sometimes life gets in the way. Haha
    I hear ya!
    Nick Sebastian - 33 Hot Rod #495
    Factory Five Forums - hdnik
    FFCars - lowntubd

Build Site/Blog - www.nicks33hotrod.com