Hey there everyone.

Getting super excited with the launch of the car. Originally I was set on an 06/07 donor with low miles, but after seeing how expensive/rare that proposition can be and your still not getting new parts, I am considering a different strategy.

What about looking for a super cheap/high mileage 02-04 range wrx and then having the motor rebuilt by a reputable shop, possibly the transmission as well. This way, you would know the motor and possibly trans were gone through by a professional and most of the important parts would be new. Could also go through suspension pieces with new bushings and bearings.

Any estimates on what an engine rebuild would cost? I am in socal and was thinking of a shop like outfront motorsports, costa mesa r&d, millenium motorsports, etc. I wouldn't want anything crazy, but I would plan on increasing the performance above stock a bit. Probably build the motor with a bigger intercooler and turbo upgrade in mind(19T-TD04, VF39, 16G...)

Also any idea what a trans rebuild would run? Assuming stock parts, not the crazy expensive ppg gearsets.

Thanks! Hopefully this sparks some interesting conversation.