Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Honolulu 818S Hana (work/build) Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WIS89 View Post
    I love playing "where's Waldo" with the hula girl in your pictures!! Some of them are pretty easy, others not so much...

Looks like you are off to a great start! Pretty exciting stuff, huh?

Thanks for keeping us updated. I can't wait for my kit; it is so hard waiting, but I am living vicariously through others!

Best of luck going forward and I hope you take the time to update as you build. It is very selfless. Great fun!

Regards,

Steve
    Thanks for reading and I will try and keep updated and interesting! When do you get yours? R or S?

Here is a pic of my last project, done about 1 1/2 years ago. It's a 1995 Wrangler. I striped it down, cut-in Poison Spyder fenders and rocker knockers, painted it a true candy apple red (12 coats total), bed liner inside, custom wheels with 33" tires, no lift. Main attraction, I stuffed a 2006 Chevy 4.8 Vortec w/auto. Almost all work, including paint, was done by yours truly. Only outside work was modifying the axles and custom exhaust.

What I love about Hawaii? Year round driving with this as the only top!

image.jpg
    "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there is bacteria."

818 (Chassis #34) Delivered 9/25/2013, First start 3/2/2014, First drive 4/5/2014, Registered 8/28/2015, First Dyno 3/18/2016, First SCCA event 4/3/2016, First car show HIN Honolulu 4/23/2016

Post Thanks / Like

image.jpg[/QUOTE]
    My fav Island, My Fav vehicle on that island, My Fav vehicle ON THE BEACH on that island - you are really starting to piss me off !! ........Say it !! Say It !! Say one more thing !.... Oh ! show me a luau with your Jeep parked in the distance & YOU dancing with some hot Hula girls and a drink in your hand-GO AHEAD !!
    Last edited by THE ITALIAN; 09-30-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloha818 View Post
    Thanks for reading and I will try and keep updated and interesting! When do you get yours? R or S?

Here is a pic of my last project, done about 1 1/2 years ago. It's a 1995 Wrangler. I striped it down, cut-in Poison Spyder fenders and rocker knockers, painted it a true candy apple red (12 coats total), bed liner inside, custom wheels with 33" tires, no lift. Main attraction, I stuffed a 2006 Chevy 4.8 Vortec w/auto. Almost all work, including paint, was done by yours truly. Only outside work was modifying the axles and custom exhaust.

image.jpg

What a terrific job!! The CJ is one of my family's favorite vehicles, although we don't have one. My son and I recently finished restoring an '88 XJ, and he is putting on some finishing touches when he is home from school. Front bumper with winch last holiday, and he is planning on fabbing up the rear bumper next time. I will say it is nowhere near as nice as yours though! What a beautiful job!

My project is bringing my wife's '88 VW Cabriolet back to life. It's been a slow build, but the finish line is getting closer... It is a true labor of love, because I have essentially replaced nearly the entire car. The engine only has 45K original miles, so it should be worth it-- I hope!!

I am actually not building an 818, although I think they rock! I am getting a Roadster in December when I pick-up my boys from school after exams. It is MY Christmas present, but they get to help me load it up and bring it home! ;-o)

Even though I am building a Roadster, I really love seeing the various build threads despite not necessarily building that platform. They are all truly beautiful machines, and there isn't a bad choice to be made! I think there is a lot to learn from the countless people here who are far more talented than I. It also helps me come up with different upgrade ideas, shortcuts, or just some good techniques! It helps me stay fired up without losing my mind waiting for my Roadster--HA!!

Thanks again for the updates! Hawaii is on my bucket list; enjoy paradise and enjoy your build. I will keep reading...

Regards,

Steve