Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: #5966 titled in New Mexico

Post Thanks / Like

#5966 titled in New Mexico

After her long hard and abused six and a half year journey #5966 has a home, almost complete and titled today in New Mexico

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!! but where are the pics?
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's a real teaser! Want the pics and the story. Thanks, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    She sat in a storage shed in Arizona from Feb. 2007 till I found it in June 2013. Still taped up from FF and 28 boxes un opened from FF along with a 88 mustang, a 5.0 motor and a 429 motor and other auto parts. after talking with the owner it was very clear why he never attempted to start the build. I ended up buying the entire storage room and hauling all of it back to Albuquerque New Mexico

Post Thanks / Like
    Donh5599 glad to see someone in NM has titled a MK4, i am retiring 9/30 and my wife says i need a project to keep me occupied she agreed on a MK4! we will be relocating from NJ to NM March 2014, i plan to start build end of 2014. i have tons of questions regarding titling, inspection, do i need a cat-converter to pass emission testing - hope you don't mind.

cuda1968

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don-

Congratulations on getting her done, but we'd love to see some pictures of your achievement!! You may just be too busy driving her to take them, right? ;-o) I know I would be!!

That's a great ending to this story though, and you should be proud to have rescued her!

1968Cuda-- Good luck with your retirement and move from Jersey! I suspect you may enjoy the change in weather! Best of luck with your build, and I hope you keep us updated on your progress.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    cuda1968 -

I have the same questions that you have! I'm currently building a 3 car garage next to my house for a Mk4 complete kit build to start this spring. Not sure how NM will handle the emissions testing in Bernalillo County!! I'll be getting a new engine/transmission rather than one from a donor car so that might complicate the emissions process?!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent an email to my friend in El Paso. His club has folks from New Mexico in it. Hopefully you will hear from them soon on your question.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    July 2009 FFCars Picture of the Month
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swwebb View Post
    cuda1968 -

I have the same questions that you have! I'm currently building a 3 car garage next to my house for a Mk4 complete kit build to start this spring. Not sure how NM will handle the emissions testing in Bernalillo County!! I'll be getting a new engine/transmission rather than one from a donor car so that might complicate the emissions process?!

Steve
    I live in southern NM and we don't have to have our cars inspected. However, I am almost certain that you will have to in Abq. According to the following Wiki link you need an inspection biennialy in Bernalillo county

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle..._United_States

This is from the NM MVD web page:
    Does New Mexico require emissions testing?
    Emission Testing is required only in Bernalillo County. Residents of the Bernalillo County and others who commute into Bernalillo County 60 or more days per year are required to have their vehicles tested and to provide proof that the vehicles have passed an emissions inspection test. These tests are available throughout Bernalillo County at certified "Air Care" stations.

The Pep Boys chain does inspections there, you can call (855) 388 0459 and get the answer you need.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 12-30-2013 at 11:16 AM.