Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What hub for FFR steering wheel?

Post Thanks / Like

What hub for FFR steering wheel?

The leather steering wheel sold by FFR says it requires a hub but FFR doesn't sell it. I was told by FFR Sales to get a hub from a Subaru shop, but what hub should I ask for? Part #? I'd like to use the OE column and controls.
    Thanks.
    Pete
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm in the same boat: I like the FFR wheel, and it's a good value.

If the 6-bolt pattern on the FFR is the same as common aftermarket wheels (Sparco, Momo, OMP, etc...) then something like this should work:

http://www.sparcousa.com/product/ste...el-hub-adapter

I'm also considering an NRG quick release and short hub, but was planning to waiting until I get my kit and seats, so I can fine tune the reach to the wheel and see if the quick release is actually needed for easy ingress/egress.

I'd appreciate if you share what you come up with.

Thanks,

Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    we are working on offering the hub guys, the wheel uses the 6-bolt MOMO pattern
    Joe@FFRTECH

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Scott View Post
    we are working on offering the hub
    Great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Joe. Hopefully the FFR hub will let me use all the OE controls on the OE column with the FFR leather wheel. I CAN'T use the old Subaru wheel on my new 818!!
    Pete
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the hub a 6 bolt Momo on the '33 as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Joe
    Will the hub be a quick release type?
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know if you guys need anything from NRG. I'm not making much money on it. It's just good to have it on the books for business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by esff32 View Post
    Is the hub a 6 bolt Momo on the '33 as well?
    Yup!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm torn. I like the F5 wheel - except for it NOT being a D-ring wheel. I also like the NRG D-ring (they call it a "flat-bottom"), but it wouldn't have the F5 logo. Decisions...

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Pete,

I got a rather simple quick release hub for mine. This may not work for you but here goes. I took the FFR hub and cut the front off and drilled and tapped the back of it to fit the quick release hub. It added about 3/4 inch to the depth of the unit. NRG makes I real nice hub but I didn't research to see if you could add the OEM features of the stock wheel. The quick release is so helpful for getting in and out of the car so it's worth the extra trouble. Plus you can go to a 9 inch wheel with out any extra work if you want to do some track stuff. Good luck, WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, WEK. I'll take the OE wheel off and then see what it would take to adapt the NRG hub. It's more fun to figure out my own solutions than have someone else do it. Now, I'll look through the Subaru manual to find "remove steering wheel".
    Pete