Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Forgestar look alikes?

Post Thanks / Like

Forgestar look alikes?

I have a set of F14 forgestars (same as on the Red 818). I love the look, but they're both 18x9.5". The rears will work, the fronts won't without some serious stretch to the tire. My choices are new fronts (18x8.5 is the smallest) or get new wheels.

I really like the look of the wheels (which is why I got them, and got a good price). Some spoke wheels (IMO) have more of a focus on the Y pattern vs a focus on the paired spokes. I prefer the paired spoke emphasis.

Does anyone know of any wheels that are available in 17's (and 18's, might do a staggered look) that look similar to the F14's? Not really interested in paying more than $1000 for wheels.

F14 (what I have/style I want)

twin spoke wheel with greater emphasis on Y pattern vs paired spokes (what I don't want):
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the forgestars not available in a 17x8?

Post Thanks / Like
    On your forgestar look alikes, if forgestar themselves make the correct front size, perhaps you could sync up with someone here to buy 4 "fronts" and then split both sets?

Alternatively, there seems to be some "knock offs" in the wheel industry so maybe you could find a knock-off in the size you need that is close enough to the originals that you could do the same thing?

WARNING: Moderate thread hi-jack to follow......

I've never really been a "wheel guy", but after seeing the Volk TE37's I think I've fallen in love:

Those dished rears are just SO DAMNED SEXY!

I know it's different than what you were looking for, and is a complete hi-jack, but they have me curious about how they would look on an 818. I came across these when I was considering buying an FR-S, and reading up on mods for the car.
    Last edited by Turboguy; 09-26-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if they make them in 5x100 but Forgestar has the F14F available in 17" Similar design
    http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheelsf14f.php

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
    Are the forgestars not available in a 17x8?
    18x8.5 is the smallest.

Quote Originally Posted by JAubin View Post
    Not sure if they make them in 5x100 but Forgestar has the F14F available in 17" Similar design
    http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheelsf14f.php
    Interesting, haven't seen this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Turboguy View Post
    On your forgestar look alikes, if forgestar themselves make the correct front size, perhaps you could sync up with someone here to buy 4 "fronts" and then split both sets?

Alternatively, there seems to be some "knock offs" in the wheel industry so maybe you could find a knock-off in the size you need that is close enough to the originals that you could do the same thing?
    I'm fine with knockoffs, just looking for the look in something that isn't $Dayum and doesn't weight 25lbs.

I actually had a thread a while back trying to do the you buy 4 and we'll split, but no dice.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked for the same but even the y pattern would have worked for me, with my emphasis on the spokes going all the way to the edge of the rim, not the inner wall. I found nothing in 17. I'm leaning toward Kojin's now, but still torn.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's funny (as in, odd). I'm trying to find wheels where the spokes go to the inner wall, and not to the edge of the rim. My reasoning is spokes that go to the edge of the rim are just BEGGING to get damaged if you kiss the curb. Yes, yes, I know - don't do that. I certainly never plan to, but you never know. IF it happens, I'd rather have less to repair!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the look I like. No real rational thought behind it, lol. Tsw Max is available in 35 offset at 17x8 which will fit both 215/45 fronts and 245/40 rear. If 35 fits all around as mentioned by FFR in 8" width.
    image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another similar looking wheel in 17x8-35 offset. ASA GT1 (GT1701BS). The hub area isn't as close as the TSW model, but the spokes are a closer match in number at least.
    image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboguy View Post

WARNING: Moderate thread hi-jack to follow......

I've never really been a "wheel guy", but after seeing the Volk TE37's I think I've fallen in love:

Those dished rears are just SO DAMNED SEXY!

I know it's different than what you were looking for, and is a complete hi-jack, but they have me curious about how they would look on an 818. I came across these when I was considering buying an FR-S, and reading up on mods for the car.
    Have you checked sizing/pricing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if they have the lug pattern and offset you are looking for but I am using these on my '33. They are XXR 530s and i purchased them from NL Motoring.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like that design. I have these on my Subie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by esff32 View Post
    Not sure if they have the lug pattern and offset you are looking for but I am using these on my '33. They are XXR 530s and i purchased them from NL Motoring.

Close, but not quite. I like how the forgestar wheels have the spacing between the two fingers 1/2 the spacing of the branches of the Y. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AJW Performance View Post
    I like that design. I have these on my Subie
    I have the rota version of that wheel. Got it for $20 with a tire because the guy was moving and didn't want it. Not quite my style, but thanks for helping!
    Zero Decibel Motorsports