Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for advice on engine mounts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 thing that was mentioned very early on in the 818 forums was developing a way to re-use of the pitch stop. I'm surprised in all the discussions here, the pitch stop seems to be ignored and forgotten. I'm sure there must be a way to develop a small bracket that mounts to the strut tower brace to re-use the OEM pitch stop, which should ultimately limit movement in all directions. I am going to be using Group N motor and trans mounts but also plan to look into using the pitch stop and welding up a small bracket as necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ewingate View Post
    Here is a gopro video I made while doing initial go kart testing.
    Cool... is that a Flowmaster Super 10? I have one, but haven't completed my exhaust yet. Exhaust doesn't seem too loud, it looks like you have a cat in there too? Also, what BOV/BPV do you have? Doesn't sound like anything else I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    1 thing that was mentioned very early on in the 818 forums was developing a way to re-use of the pitch stop. I'm surprised in all the discussions here, the pitch stop seems to be ignored and forgotten. I'm sure there must be a way to develop a small bracket that mounts to the strut tower brace to re-use the OEM pitch stop, which should ultimately limit movement in all directions. I am going to be using Group N motor and trans mounts but also plan to look into using the pitch stop and welding up a small bracket as necessary.
    I also have Group N mounts, but would love to utilize the pitch-stop for additional stability. With all the creativity on the forums, I'm hoping someone will step up to sell a kit! (Craig, are you listening?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    Cool... is that a Flowmaster Super 10? I have one, but haven't completed my exhaust yet. Exhaust doesn't seem too loud, it looks like you have a cat in there too? Also, what BOV/BPV do you have? Doesn't sound like anything else I've heard.
    Yep I am using the Flowmaster cat and Super 10 muffler. It's a bit loud but I come from a loud Evo/Sti background so it sounds amazing to me! The BOV is the Turbosmart Race Port from JeromeS along with the AWIC setup

Post Thanks / Like
    1 thing that was mentioned very early on in the 818 forums was developing a way to re-use of the pitch stop.
    Seeing ewingate's video I have to agree. While the power train wasn't bouncing all around there's a lot more movement there than I thought. My first thought was, "Need to find a way to install the pitch stop mount".
    Fast Cars, Fast Women, Fast Haircuts!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've played with it, just no bolt on solution yet...
    Dan

818S #17 Picked up 8/1/13 First start 11/1/13 Go Kart 3/28/14