BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thinking about building a 'Rod....

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about building a 'Rod....

Hello everyone! I live close to the school FFR has here in Michigan. I'm thinking I should take one of the classes and maybe the next time FFR has a sale I'll order one. BUT, I would really like to look at one / sit in one before I do.

Anyone close to Lansing that would be willing to let me drool, uhh, I mean take a peak at their car?

Since I'm new to all this, any suggestions?

Thanks, Matt.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will like the 33. I am way out in California so travel will probably be a problem, but if you ever come out here drop by.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Doug. You will like the kit. I bought one without seeing one in person and I was not disappointed. In fact, I have not seen another one yet. The car can be completed in so many ways, the hardest part is figuring which way to go... A refined classy automobile or a down and dirty juvenile deliquent or anything in between. When we in the early stages of the build, I was trying to decide what to do. My son told me to relax and just build the basic car and it would get its own personality. He was right, we did some things twice, but that has been part of the fun. As you are probably aware, the online community is very strong and will be a great help if you need it.
    www.33coyote.com
    Built with the help of my dad and sons
    coyote/TKO 600, Wilwood Brakes,Boyds tank, QA1 shocks
    Speedhut Gages, rag top, bike fenders, power steering

"Never let physics or common sense get in the way of a good idea"

Post Thanks / Like
    TAKE the Build School. It is a great three days - and if you order a car, the tips you get will be more than worth the price of admission. The instructors are excellent (and really good guys) and the build school will do wonders for your confidence. I did the school in August of this year and picked up my kit the first week of September. I am almost to the go-cart stage and have said over and over again, "Thank God I went to the Build School!"

ERIC
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, long way away from you but from my experience this has been an unbelievably fulfilling endeavor. Have there been issues, of course, but the satisfaction of conquering the hurdles cannot be more rewarding. I've got a build thread started and it's not about the kazillion custom things you can do to this car, it's more about building a solid reliable car. I've never built a kit car of any sort before so for now the ultra custom stuff will have to wait. There isn't much you can't change at a later date anyway. If I had the funds I'd be seriously thinking about building a matching MK4, that's how much fun I'm having. If you've ever wanted to build a car from the ground up the FFR cars are a great way to do it.