Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiring Guide: 06 WRX Sedan with Auto AC/HVAC

Post Thanks / Like
    Those look like fuse box plugs to me from the interior fuse box. I can take a closer look later.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for responding so quick, these plugs are at the right side of the steering weel, very close were the radio would be...

Post Thanks / Like
    IMGA0277.JPGIMGA0278.JPGIMGA0279.JPGIMGA0280.JPGIMGA0281.JPG Ps: "if these plugs" are for the radio the ends that are cut are the ones that connect direcly to the radio

Post Thanks / Like

The brown one might be i4. I don't have the 04 wiring diagram, but on the 06 it's listed as a brown connector with 24 pins laid out in 2 rows but it's only used if you have manual AC. Cars with auto AC use i1 instead of i4. i4 connects to B39 which is the bulkhead wiring harness.

I think the white one is i3 which connects to B38. If you look at the "instrument panel wiring harness" diagram on page 194 of the 06 wiring diagram you'll see that i2 is shown as dark and is right next to i3 on the same branch.

The radio connectors plug directly into the radio, there is no pigtail coming off of it.

The green ones you cut off were i10, i11, and i12.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    MLX, the connectors that you are taking pictures of connect the instrument panel harness to the main body harness. The ones wrapped in foam are B36(Brown) and B37(White). The other 2 plugs on the pigtail that was cut plug into B36 and B37 and the cut off plugs plug into the instrument panel, the clock, and something else that I'll have to get back to you on. Most of the plugs that have been cut will need to be reattached in order to get the instrument cluster to work.

In the wiring guides the instrument panel is referred to as the combination meter btw.

I've been working very extensively on a 04 wiring harness so if you have other questions just ask and I'll help as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again Mechie3, I think I got'it, but if you can please confirm, I'm 99% sure that is were the cluster harness plugs, the ends that are cut are the ones that go direcly to the green cluster plugs, thanks again for your time...
    Last edited by mxl; 01-16-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    by the time I was looking for pictures I did not notice that you had already anwser my question... thank you very much, in a Subaru forum I wold never get this quind of help, once again thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very new in this forum, sorry my dumb question why if it's you in the link 'https://vimeo.com/46070474' are you chopping in pieces a Subie??? it almost brakes my heart to see that... some crazy project?

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, I should've seen all the videos first, wow... nice machine!!! you really have some skills, love the sound of the first start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mxl View Post
    I'm very new in this forum, sorry my dumb question why if it's you in the link 'https://vimeo.com/46070474' are you chopping in pieces a Subie??? it almost brakes my heart to see that... some crazy project?
    Well....you are on the forum for the Factory Five 818, a kit car using the motor and transmission from a Subaru (among other parts).

It was my daily driver/former autocross machine that got wrecked when a lady ran a red light. It was totaled by insurance. I bought it back specifically to build an 818.

here is my build thread:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Mechie3-s-818S

Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EODTech87 View Post
    MLX, the connectors that you are taking pictures of connect the instrument panel harness to the main body harness. The ones wrapped in foam are B36(Brown) and B37(White). The other 2 plugs on the pigtail that was cut plug into B36 and B37 and the cut off plugs plug into the instrument panel, the clock, and something else that I'll have to get back to you on. Most of the plugs that have been cut will need to be reattached in order to get the instrument cluster to work.

In the wiring guides the instrument panel is referred to as the combination meter btw.

I've been working very extensively on a 04 wiring harness so if you have other questions just ask and I'll help as much as possible.
    Hello EODTech87, I want to thank you for the help you gave me, I got there by myself but the confirmation was very very useful and I also thought that was Mechie3 answering. once again thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello here I am again... there are two plugs that I have no clue what they are for, please help!!! This is the first one, it is behind the dash passager side... IMGA0288.JPGIMGA0289.JPGIMGA0290.JPGIMGA0291.JPGIMGA0292.JPGIMGA0293.JPG,
    Last edited by mxl; 01-15-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    And this is the second one, again behind the dash but this time driver side, and it's together with the OBD 2 reader plug, (the gray one) PS: this is the wire harness of a 2004 wrx. thank you Attachment 25242Attachment 25243Attachment 25244Attachment 25245Attachment 25246Attachment 25247Attachment 25248
    Last edited by mxl; 01-15-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    EOD could probably answer better as I haven't seen an 04 harness in person, but those look similar to the 06 radio connectors.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    The gray one has a metal braket on it, and it's taped together with the OBD ll link, so I thing it's some plug that the dealer uses to get some extra info?! the white passager side i'm sure it does not plug to nothing but... not sure 100%

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll double check when I get back home tonight but I'm pretty sure the white plug with 18 pins is for a keyless entry module however on my car it wasn't used. Instead there is another plug on the driver side that looks the exact same that's plugged into the keyless entry module. The pictures of the second plug aren't working but it's probably a diagnostic connector used to diagnose the airbag and abs systems.
    Last edited by EODTech87; 01-15-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll double check when I get back home tonight but I'm pretty sure the white plug with 18 pins is for a keyless entry module however on my car it wasn't used. Instead there is another plug on the driver side that looks the exact same that's plugged into the keyless entry module. The pictures of the second plug aren't working but it's probably a diagnostic connector used to diagnose the airbag and abs systems.
    Thank you very much EODTech87

Post Thanks / Like
    Photo-0033.jpgPhoto-0034.jpgPhoto-0035.jpgPhoto-0036.jpgPhoto-0038.jpgPhoto-0039.jpg I put again the pictures because therewere some problems with the upload...

Post Thanks / Like
    That grey 14 pin plug is in fact a check connector that I'm guessing is used by the dealership for diagnostics.

Post Thanks / Like
    That grey 14 pin plug is in fact a check connector that I'm guessing is used by the dealership for diagnostics.
    Hello again, you are right about the keyless entry unit being on the driver side, I double check and the white plug that I was asking for in the passager side is the exact same (but the color of the wires is different and only has 13 wires vs 18), any other idea what it can be for??? ,about that gray plug (driver side) do you think it can be totaly deleted? I do not have airbags or abs, what do you say?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so I believe the keyless entry unit plug on the passenger side is some sort of diagnosis or programming connector used by the dealership. It wasn't connected to anything on my car so I'd assume it can be fully deleted if your deleting the keyless entry system as well. The grey connector next to the OBD port is a check connector that plugs into the ABS and Airbag system for diagnosing these systems. I'd assume this can be fully deleted as well if your deleting those systems.

While I say these can be deleted I have no proof that is 100% correct so please proceed at your own risk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so I believe the keyless entry unit plug on the passenger side is some sort of diagnosis or programming connector used by the dealership. It wasn't connected to anything on my car so I'd assume it can be fully deleted if your deleting the keyless entry system as well. The grey connector next to the OBD port is a check connector that plugs into the ABS and Airbag system for diagnosing these systems. I'd assume this can be fully deleted as well if your deleting those systems.

While I say these can be deleted I have no proof that is 100% correct so please proceed at your own risk.
    In this moment I deleted completly the gray plug I checked with a very reliable source, and it's in fact a dealership diagnose plug, now the white other plug "my guy" has no idea what I was talking about, I was very surprised!!! and it's now down to 8 wires of 13, after deleting the gray plug, the keyless entry unit, and the cru unuit assy, not sure what to do about that plug...

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know what pins are left and the wire color and I'll get back to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so I also got a 06 wrx limited and going through the harness do we need the fuel tank sensor valve (R144), drain valve (R69), and pressure control solenoid (R68)?? Also there is a fuel level sensor for the fuel pump and then a sub level one from the donor. are we splicing all of these together into the kit or just one or the other?

Post Thanks / Like
    My r122 looks different and I can't find b46. I scratched my head for awhile trying to figure it out. From what I can tell my 06 Wrx tr (manual ac) does not follow the manual Page wi-36. Pin 3 from r122 does not split off. Here is what my r122 looks like or at least that is what I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nolan
    65 coupe Gen 3 "Phoenix" build
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...032#post297032

818 s (with r windscreen ) 350 rwhp. Registered and street legal (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nkw8181 View Post
    My r122 looks different and I can't find b46. I scratched my head for awhile trying to figure it out. From what I can tell my 06 Wrx tr (manual ac) does not follow the manual Page wi-36. Pin 3 from r122 does not split off. Here is what my r122 looks like or at least that is what I think.
    Hi nkw
    The connecter in your picture is R58 which plugs into the fuel pump assembly.
    R122 plugs into the fuel pump control module (small grey box mounted under plastic in trunk).

B46 is under the dash. There is 3 heavy duty relay mounted to a bracket.

[ATTACH=CONFIG}http://i.imgur.com/jqcK0gE.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 02-12-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! It amazing how much clearer things look after a night of sleep and of course good feedback from you guys����
    Nolan

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got a question for ya Mechie3. On the B136 connector did you completely remove the pin 16 (refered to as c16)? I originally traced the line from the occupant module and notice that it joins with a wire going to B136, the abs pump, keyless entry and data link connector. I'm inclined to believe that this is an open circuit and when someone is present it closes the loop and sends the signal to all places. Is there any flaw to this logic since it is late. Or better yet did you remove this line and everywhere it went? Oh and one I'm done I'll send you my notes. I tried to highlight the differences when doing a 06 wrx tr so you can incorporate it. Been checking everything as well :-) great job by the way.
    Nolan

Post Thanks / Like
    B136 ie one of the ECM connectors for others following.
    Nolan

Post Thanks / Like

unidentified small box in the trunk of 2006 WRX

Needing to find out what this box is. Please see pics. I have looked different places but have not seen any reference to this box. It was located in the trunk on the passenger side above the fender well.IMG_0122.JPG
    Last edited by yorel; 02-21-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fuel pump relay. Keep it.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much Mechie3. Most definitely will keep that.

Post Thanks / Like
    So there is more than one fuel pump relay? Is the one I pictured the main one, then the round one depicted on the first page is secondary? Trying to understand it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yorel View Post
    So there is more than one fuel pump relay? Is the one I pictured the main one, then the round one depicted on the first page is secondary? Trying to understand it.

The module in post 110 is actually the fuel pump controller.
    There is a signal from the ECU that goes to this module to control pump speed.
    A lot of people will just run power to the pump when the key is on and not use this module.
    I am going to use the module.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post

IMG_7842.jpg

Does any body know how to get the small pins out of the ECU connectors? I need to change some around to get the ECU to understand that the automatic transmission is gone and I need to add a wire for the clutch switch.
    Bob
    Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 03-23-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't able to get any out.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't able to either good luck and let us know what you come up with.
    Nolan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nkw8181 View Post
    I wasn't able to either good luck and let us know what you come up with.
    At this point I have 3 options as far as getting those pins out.
    1. I've searched all over with no luck. Search some more.
    2. destroy a connector on a spare harness to steel a pin.
    3. Open the ECU box and add a jumper on the inside. (easy)
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bob! Why not just cut the wires you want to change the pins on, and reconnect/jumper from there? I know the color going into the connector wouldn't be right, but you could make that part REALLY short. Or am I overlooking something??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Xusia View Post
    Hey Bob! Why not just cut the wires you want to change the pins on, and reconnect/jumper from there? I know the color going into the connector wouldn't be right, but you could make that part REALLY short. Or am I overlooking something??
    Hi Brian, There are open holes that need wires, I can't get any of the unneeded pins out.
    The problem hole is the one that tells the ECU that the transmission is a manual. That wire is missing in my automatic harness.
    Bob

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast