Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2014 Calendars

Post Thanks / Like

2014 Calendars

I did a GTM calendar last year and I think it turned out pretty good. I learned a few things and my sister said she would help me out again this year. One thing I learned last year, is getting GTM guys to send me pictures is like pulling teeth. So I call on my GTM buddies to help me out here. How about if you guys help me remember all the cars that graduated this year. I'll send them PM asking for the following. (I already have Kalstars pictures so you can cross him off your list.)

1) Two or three full size images of their car. The best pictures to use are well lit and without distractions in the back ground. I dislike having to crop out people (other than the owner or family. I like those in the picture) or other cars. Your car should be the star of the shot. I also like shots that have never been posted before.

2) I like to include a little Bio about the car and the owner. Info like

Start date
    Finish date
    Engine
    Transmission
    HP
    Owners name
    Where located

I prefer to start out with cars that were completed this year but as the deadline gets closer I get a little less picky. Speaking of deadlines. I want to have all pictures in by Nov 15th. That way I can have The finished calendars available by the first of Dec in time for Christmas. By the way I printed some coffee mugs and mouse pads for myself last year. they were great stocking stuffers

If you would like to submit your car pictures and Bio information, please do !!!
    Send them to [email protected].

Thanks

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I have 2 volunteers in the can and one promised. I can fill in the other 9 months with pictures of our car but even I would get bored with that (probably not).
    So I'm sending out another plee for material.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love to see John's (kabacj) chassis on the calendar. Also Fact5Racer's new car...it will be unveiled at SEMA before the calendar is released, so there would be no harm in you getting a shot to put in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taz Rules View Post
    I'd love to see John's (kabacj) chassis on the calendar. Also Fact5Racer's new car...it will be unveiled at SEMA before the calendar is released, so there would be no harm in you getting a shot to put in there.
    Thanks TAZ but i don't have any calendar worthy pictures of the chassis. The car will come back apart in a month or so. Ill try to get some nice naked GTM pictures then.

John
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, I have to tell you; Steve did an amazing job with the Calendars for 2013. And having your car in one of the months displayed, gives it a "rock-star" status when people realize that they are looking at your car. I don't think I'll forget the reaction of some of my family members when that saw this cool car on a calendar. "Hey that car looks a lot like the car you're building..." "HEY... That's your car in this calendar!!! OMG!!!"

It was funny and cool at the same time.

Send your pictures to Steve and let him do his magic.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kabacj View Post
    Thanks TAZ but i don't have any calendar worthy pictures of the chassis. The car will come back apart in a month or so. Ill try to get some nice naked GTM pictures then.

John
    Give me a few hours with your pics in photoshop...they'll be calendar-worthy. I promise!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys it's crunch time. I want to put this to rest this weekend so please, please, please if you were going to send me pictures and info. NOW IS THE TIME!!!
    Send material to [email protected]
    Thanks
    Steve.