Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charles's '33 build Page

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good! almost there Is that an orange or red color your are going with?

hmmm...some nice cars in the background as well......57 chevy 210? and a Karmann Ghia

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles:
    I could not figure out how to link a URL to attach the pictures you asked for...so I'm posting them here. Hope you don't mind. Rear Cover.jpgFront Cover.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Mike! I greatly appreciate your help and time. I will contact them this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike6568 View Post
    Charles:
    I could not figure out how to link a URL to attach the pictures you asked for...so I'm posting them here. Hope you don't mind. Rear Cover.jpgFront Cover.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some more pictures from the painting process! I originally took the body off and was going to paint everything and then re-assemble the car. After thinking about it more, I figured it would be best to paint the whole exterior while the body was on the chassis and their was a couple reasons for that. The most important thing, I was concerned of scratching the fresh paint while putting the main body back on as it is a little bit of a PITA! The other is because of going with the two tone theme, I wanted to make sure the lines lined up correctly and is much easier to tape off when the body on and with the doors hung.
    Prior to putting the body back on, we bagged the entire car for one to keep as much dust off the chassis but also to help keep any overspray from getting in places it shouldn't be. After the car was painted and color sanded, we pulled out all of the plastic.

I still need to download the other pictures from my camera of the car in the spray booth and final paint pics. Will post them soon!
    Bagged-the-chassis-for-paint.jpgBody-back-on-ready-for-paint.jpgDash-painted-2.jpgInside-of-door.jpgUnderside-of-hard-top.jpgUnderside-of-hood.jpg

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! looks great. I really like the white and red theme.

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles , looks great, look foward to seeing finish picks. I agree w/ you that the two tone should be sprayed w body and doors on, I've done my priming and blocking that way and it worked out well yes a lot more masking but I believe it yields a better result.

Ang

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All!!
    Wow, its been while since I have been on here and realized I never posted some pics of it completed. Well, it will actually probably never be done since I have more ideas of changes I would like to make but as far as the FFR manual, its basically complete.
    I have been enjoying driving the car as much as I possible can. I have pretty close to 1000 miles on the car and it receives a ton of attention and complements along the way....hell I have even convinced a few to buy the FFR kit! They owe me some commissions! lol
    Here are some pics I currently have on the computer that most were taken a while ago. The only thing really missing in these pictures is I have since installed the roll bar and headliner.

Anybody on here heading up to Hot August Nights in Reno next month? I am registered and will have the car up there! Let me know if you are going and maybe we can meet up.

Finished car.jpgHood up.jpgInterior set up 2.jpgInterior set up.jpgroadster set up.jpgview of rear side.jpg

Charles

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks fantastic! Super Job! Enjoy all your hard work now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! I'd love to see it in person, but won't be making it up to Reno this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks...definitely enjoying it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, it's been while since I have been on here. Got close to 2400 miles & enjoying every single mile! Here is one of my favorite photo of the car!

IMG_7928.JPG
    Last edited by crspdsk8; 06-18-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Charles. I noticed that there is a spare door key on the keychain for my hot rod. Pretty sure it goes to the door handles that I sent you. PM me your address and I'll mail it out! Eric
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't been on here in a long time so figured I would update & document a couple things. lol

I have been driving & enjoying the car (just reached 3000 miles) and would rather drive it than work on it. The car has been mostly complete for quite a while with the exception of the carpet in the trunk. I held off putting it in as my plan was and still is, to do the interior in tan leather & carpet and just waiting for that time to actually come. Well it's not coming soon enough so figure I would throw it in for now.

I also did not like the door sills that came with the kit. I wanted something cleaner and to not cover up so much paint, I used the weather stripping rubber that comes with the power windows and ran it along the body edge and up under the dash. Gives it a nicer finished look along fiberglass edge.

I also installed black plastic caps to the bolts holding the waterfall in place.
    Caps to cover bolts on interior waterfall.jpgCarpet installed in trunk.jpgWindow weather stripping in place of door sills.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crspdsk8 View Post
    Haven't been on here in a long time so figured I would update & document a couple things. lol

I have been driving & enjoying the car (just reached 3000 miles) and would rather drive it than work on it. The car has been mostly complete for quite a while with the exception of the carpet in the trunk. I held off putting it in as my plan was and still is, to do the interior in tan leather & carpet and just waiting for that time to actually come. Well it's not coming soon enough so figure I would throw it in for now.

I also did not like the door sills that came with the kit. I wanted something cleaner and to not cover up so much paint, I used the weather stripping rubber that comes with the power windows and ran it along the body edge and up under the dash. Gives it a nicer finished look along fiberglass edge.

I also installed black plastic caps to the bolts holding the waterfall in place.
    Caps to cover bolts on interior waterfall.jpgCarpet installed in trunk.jpgWindow weather stripping in place of door sills.jpg
    Hello, I have read your entire build page 4 times and love it. Awesome turn out and your car is extremely nice. Gotta be such a great feeling. I ordered my kit and should get it June 9th in Sacramento, Ca. I have a question, because some of your build pics were in photo bucket and couldn't see some of them, could you possibly email me your build pics or is there another way just to get them all. I really like your detailed pics and I know it'll help my dad and I. We have never built a car before and very excited. I work a lot and expect this build to take some time. Thank you in advance big time. Here is my email.

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read your BIO, you are in Antelope. I would love to see your build . I own 4 Pizza Guys in our area. How cool is that. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow it’s been a while but after the last couple weeks checking out some amazing cars from Hot August Nights & Monterey Car week, I am extremely motivated to finish all the little things that drive me crazy on my Hot Rod build & hopefully take it to another level.

Made a template to make up some interior kick panels to cover up the door latches & inside of the body.
    F3BF79B8-C77B-4426-9834-75BA7ACDEF73.jpeg

17. Likes JOP33 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123