Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Firewall, & Ride Height LCA Torquing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by freds View Post
    I am/was not worried about it. As I stated, I installed the firewall after I set the ride height...no problem, and was wondering what others had done.

Fred
    Sorry, if others share the same concerns rather, or if you have to unbolt yours in the future to make changes/repairs.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by longislandwrx View Post
    Sorry, if others share the same concerns rather, or if you have to unbolt yours in the future to make changes/repairs.
    No offense taken...no problem. I seriously considered the hole, and have the chassis punches to make a clean hole through the aluminum (if done before installing the LCA) but don't really like torquing to that level with an extension between the torque wrench and the socket/nut. So after considering all I decided to do the firewall after the front suspension was done. It wasn't much of a bother working that way.

Then I wondered what others had done, in case I had missed something simpler....hence the original post. Seems to have set off a bit of consideration of the issue, which might not have been done before...also it may not be a big deal at all, I just have a mind that works that way, especially if I'm working on stuff I have never done before....and setting up suspension is/was new territory for me.

Cheers

fred