Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Who is still on the hunt for a gearbox for their build?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is still on the hunt for a gearbox for their build?

Hey there everyone,

I wanted to check in with the group to see who is still on the hunt for a gearbox for their GTM build?

There are tons of options out there, and many of them very good. I realize that the decision process can be a bit of a tough one for some, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I am here to help. I have worked with many of the builders here, and am happy to answer questions that you might have.

Already have a gearbox but not quite sure of its condition, give me a call, need a clutch, adapter, starter, etc? I can help with these parts as well.

Feel free to give me a call at any time to discuss your options, as many of you may have already seen in the past it is not unusual for me to answer emails at all hours of the day and night, so don't be shy about calling or emailing me whenever you have time.

I look forward to working with you all.

Happy building.

Erik Johnson
    The Race Line
    (970) 344-7761 phone

"When it comes to your drive-line requirements, the fastest line at the track is also the only line you need to call." - The Race Line

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one is going to be looking for a gearbox for their GTM build? Wierd, usually the winter is the time when more of these get built I thought.

Let me know if I can help with anything else that you might need.

Erik

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by The Race Line View Post
    No one is going to be looking for a gearbox for their GTM build? Wierd, usually the winter is the time when more of these get built I thought.

Let me know if I can help with anything else that you might need.

Erik
    Looking for a gearbox is one thing. Shelling out the cash to fill that vacant spot behind the engine is another. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    And then Erik advertised the greatest gearbox special ever heard of!!! It was so amazing people talked about it for years to come. Of course geared towards a mild built LS1 with not much more than 400hp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump for Erik. And a question. For the G96.00 box you provide. Do I need any special mounting brackets for the frame? Do I have to weld or cut the frame? Is it all included? Thanks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there Bob,

Yep you will have to modify the rear mount a bit, but it is not all that different than the G50 mount so I do not think that the modification is going to be something that will be overly hard to do on the GTM.

Bob, I am doing my 996 kit at a special price again. Give me a call when you have time and we will work something out for your build.

Happy to help,

Erik Johnson
    The Race Line
    (970) 344-7761 phone