I can fully understand. I have yet to order my kit(still a couple thousand away from ordering) but I plan on using a Ford 3.7L v6(from a 2012+ mustang) and a STI six speed, mainly because I am unimpressed with the Subaru engine choices. I want a nice simple 300HP NA 6 cylinder that gets 30mpg....and Subaru has no such thing, and the H6 options they do have are 40HP down on the goal while being heavier than the EJ25(the Ford Duratec37 is the same weight). Your build in particular interested me because my engine choice will inevitably push the axles back at least 2-3 inches(and require extensive frame modification). Of course there is no adapter plate for a Ford v6 to Subaru trans, but it wont be the first time I have made an adapter plate from scratch. Making an adapter plate is easy assuming you have a large accurate caliper. The trickier part is the custom flywheel and extended pilot bearing needed(you can do without a custom flywheel a lot of times if you use an engine-side starter and your bellhousing has enough space to fit a factory flywheel and whatever clutch-disc, pressure plate combo you end up having to use...but when using a 4 cylinder trans with a 6 or 8 cylinder engine, most often the bellhousing space available is severely limited...in particular 4 cylinder flywheels are significantly smaller diameter than their 6 and 8 cylinder counterparts...and bellhousing depth is shallower too...so when looking a modern v6 that uses a thick dual mass flywheel and trying to fit that into a 4 cylinder bellhousing....you wont have much luck there). What interests me is actually the factory Subaru 2WD transmissions. I know they have automatic versions of these transmissions...but do manual versions exist? They are interesting for 2 reasons...they are shorter(an advantage when pushing the axles back, I fear using the STI 6 speed will end up with the back of the trans even with the rear bumper cover) and you don't have to convert them to 2wd...which is neither here nor there...but being designed as 2wd, they may well be stronger in that role than a converted 4wd trans. For instance....the 1st gen dodge neon 5speed transmission can handle 400HP stock...I know because I pushed those numbers from an old neon of mine with a factory trans(can you say peg-leg torque steer?) Speaking of trans weight, what is the weight of the Subie trans anyway out of curiosity?