BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First start...and..water in oil

Post Thanks / Like

First start...and..water in oil

Well good news...bad news. I got the car started up ( ok ok...video is actually second start) but after running it found water in the oil. Now I'm trying to figure out if I have a intake gasket leak or timing cover leak. The timing cover will suck because getting the harmonic balancer off will really suck in the car.

Anyways...here is a video of (2nd) start

http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/bb...7b5af.mp4.html
    Last edited by bbksv; 11-16-2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: embedding

Post Thanks / Like
    ummmm. NORMALLY, when one finds water in the oil, the first assumed culprit is a leaky head gasket...
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    Well..that was a thought but I highly doubt it. It was a fresh rebuild..flat deck..flat heads..good gaskets and I tourqued the heads down right. And I doubt they would blow on a first start..with no forced induction.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're probably right - more than likely the intake. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my engine. Against my better judgment, I decided NOT to take apart my donor motor. See my thread for today's carnage... Eric
    "If everything seems to be coming your way, you're probably in the wrong lane."

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww..man that sucks...sorry to hear that. I didn't want to worry about the engine so I just rebuilt it. And I have always wanted to do it...so I gave it a shot. Now I'm just crossing my fingers I can figure out this water issue without ripping it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok..all fixed. It was the intake manifold. I also replaced the lifters while I was at it. Sounds great. Just a couple small issues. Exhaust leak from the passenger header to downpipe connection and for some reason I am getting no power to the cooling fan..minor issues. Should be ready to go kart within the week

20131202_175730_zpsd15072d5.mp4 Video by bbkkssv | Photobucket

20131202_173348_zpsff3f9da0.mp4 Video by bbkkssv | Photobucket

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds awesome....