FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  22
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: The Start of a Journey - Metros Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by taco20 View Post
    Both of you need to come and play at Dominion’s road course with me and let’s see what those things have in them. Once you hit the track you won’t need any coffee and there are plenty of cars to pass. Lol
    I see wut you did there I'd love to. Not sure when I'll see some actual track time but that is definitely the eventual goal. First I gotta put some mileage on this fresh engine and then get it tuned. Car progress is slow with 2 little kids but I keep at it. Is your car street legal or track only?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    I see wut you did there I'd love to. Not sure when I'll see some actual track time but that is definitely the eventual goal. First I gotta put some mileage on this fresh engine and then get it tuned. Car progress is slow with 2 little kids but I keep at it. Is your car street legal or track only?
    What do you need miles on the engine for. I broke mine in on the dyno, test drove it around the block a few times and headed to the track. You think it will last you 100k or something? Lol.

I broke the trans at my last event and have already thrown another one together to head to the track. It will be lucky to get 10 miles on before I let it eat at the track. Since yours is drive able for the street the track will be no issue for you.
    Dominion has an HPDE in Oct so that gives you plenty of time to get the car ready by then. If your lucky you might even get me for an instructor.

My car is an 818S but I have made it more for the track and kind of gave up on the street. Once you have driven it on the track the street is boring. I have a 1000cc motorcycle if I want to play on the street.

Anyway I’ll buy the first cup of coffee you just bring the car and let’s have some fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Summit point is in our backyard. I did build this with intentions to track it, but it likely won't be in 2019. I really want to get some miles on it before I start driving it at speed.

Never been to the dominion course, I'll have to look it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my car back from being tuned today. Put down 313 rwhp and 273tq. Even with the modest hp numbers its ridiculously quick. Had a **** eating grin on the way home.

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    nice job... nice linear power... that's gotta be a ripper.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be curious how much sooner a Blouch 16g would spool up over my current 18g. Or could likely get the same results with a 2.5 block. Think I'm pretty satisfied with the amount of power, just a touch faster spool would be ideal.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is nice!
    Is there a reason (valid) it runs a little less rich at 5.5k?
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213