Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Arrow-die-namicks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Arrow-die-namicks

Just like the title says, let's talk aerodynamics!

I know FFR has done wind tunnel testing on the hoods, and redesigned the venting on the GenII
    to allow for more down-force. I"ve purposely not cut the hood on my car for this reason, and also
    due to personal taste. Are the GenII guys noting any measureable cooling issues with the smaller
    hood openings?

How about air relief from under the hood as air passes through the rad.? Mike (Crash), or anyone
    else that has track tested their car - I'd love to know what you've found in terms of modifications
    at high speeds.

Those using side mounted air inlets (in place of the side glass behind the doors): What is the noise
    level at cruising speed, or highway speed? Do you notice any howling, or turbulent air as it passes
    into the engine bay?

I need to start making some firm decisions on the back end of the car in terms of the diffuser. The
    Scion FR-S lower bumper is almost a perfect fit in length, and corner radius, however the height is
    11 inches which causes the 'diffuser' to hang well below the contour of the GTM cut-away.

I'd like something functional, but of course it must look killer too. 95% of the time my car will be street
    driven so diffuser function is not a priority, however it must work when needed on that track...the
    little help that it provides. The search continues!

I'm still looking for a spoiler that falls somewhere between the FFR height, and Shane's low profile design.
    Steeda makes some cool looking wings for the Mustang. Do any of you have recommendations for low
    laying spoilers?

Chat away!
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Though I am don't own a GTM yet. I am not a fan of the FFR rear wing. Makes the car look too much like a rice burner. Why don't you try to incorporate some hydraulics into the rear wing. That at certain speeds or a push of a button the rear spoiler will lift?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to find a spoiler similar to this one, that's adjustable. The one from this photo is made by Steeda for the
    Mustang.

Gary Cheney has incorporated a hydraulic system or linear actuator for his wing to make it lift at higher speeds.
    My scope for this car is mostly street/highway, with very little track use. In fact, I'm only planning some drag
    strip, and road course visits to tune the motor & suspension, as well as measure some data. Otherwise, putting effort into
    such a system would be of little use for me.

The wing itself will reduce rear drag, and add some down force, so having it raise would only serve for a true
    track car that's reaching high speeds. There is so much testing involved to find the perfect height for the
    airflow over the rear that doesn't interest me at this time. Maybe I'll get into that once the car is on the road,
    and I'm searching for ways to optimize the setup.

01-steeda-functional-rear-wing.jpg
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle