FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  19
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT : Registration and New Member Functionality PLEASE READ

Post Thanks / Like

NEW member. Are all FFR kits for racing? Or can they be for evening/weekend driving?

Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Hello, If you are trying to register for this site or have recently done so, this is some important information you need to know about two topics: Registration, and New Member Permissions.

Re: Registering for the forum...
    All new registrations are moderated before you can post your first post. This may add a delay between registering and being able to post.
    The registration process includes Biography as a required field which has to be filled with something relating to why you are on this site.

The registration form states:
    Fill in a few details about yourself, and specifically, why you are signing up for this forum. This field is required, and is used to help verify you are not a spammer. Don't put gibberish or generic answers in this field, as it will be viewed by the membership moderator after signup. If the moderator can't tie this answer to why you have signed up for this site, your membership request will be denied, and you will have to re-register!

Let me reiterate: If you register for the site and don't put something related to this site in the Bio field your registration will be rejected. Small, generic answers like "New to site", "Car Lover", "Mechanic" will get you rejected. If you get a rejection email or no response from the site within 48 hrs after trying to register then click this Contact Us link to get in touch and we'll get you registered.

Re: New Member Permissions... (Supporting Vendors and current PRIVATE PARTY - ie: non-commercial entity - FFR owners are exempt from these restrictions. If you are new and currently own a Factory Five, send me a PM and I'll update your status.)

For everyone else who is new to the forum, Welcome! I'm sorry for the restrictions that follow, but since they were put in place we have had virtually NO ongoing spam problems. If you want to request an exemption to the following, send me a PM. Exemption requests are discussed in the thread so feel free to peruse the entire thread and as always, comments are encouraged and welcome. /EDIT

For new members with less than 20 posts these restrictions are as follows:

• You do not have access to your blog.
    • You cannot post a new thread in the FOR SALE classifieds. You can still create a new thread in the WANTED portion of the classifieds. Posting a FOR SALE thread in a WANTED classified forum will be treated as a direct attempt to circumvent the rules and you WILL be penalized, up to and including a temporary or permanent ban.
    • You can't create a picture album.
    • You can't create a group of post new threads to a group. You can still post to existing group threads.
    • You cannot update your profile or have a signature.
    • You cannot have a custom title
    • Calendar access is restricted (Thanks for the catch kwb160!)

After you reach 20 posts, your account will be transitioned to another group that has these restrictions removed. This can take up to an hour after you reach 20 posts. We had to take this measure to better fight the ongoing problem of spam.

EDIT: Please note, posting items for sale should always be limited to the classifieds, and continued posting of for sale items in the classifieds - beyond extra parts floating around in your garage for example - may result in you being flagged as a commercial vendor. All commercial vendor postings are confined to supporting vendors. If you are interested in becoming a supporting vendor on our site please see this page for more information:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/conte...rs-Information

As always, comments are welcome.

Are all FFR kits for racing? Or can they be turned into vehicles used for evening/weekend driving?

Post Thanks / Like
    David: I'm not computer guy, so being good to go; I'm a little lost. Just retired and am finally getting time to enjoy my MK2 day to day. Thanks for your help, have placed pictures of my ride for monthly pick. Bob G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Way to go Bob!

------------------

One of the very few low spots that comes with administrating the site is that every once in a while I reject a registration of someone who wants to join the site. PLEASE UNDERSTAND I don't do it to be vindictive! It's just that I HAVE to be as aggressive as I can to weed out the spammers. I'm noticing a huge bump in duplicate IP's with nonsense names and emails. And yes, I still get generic bio entries. But this IP matching is new and I'm having a tough time approving these. So please, if you are a member of a family using your own ID on the same computer as a family/friend. Use the referral box or note it in the bio!

I guess another way to put it is the admin is a bit of a dolt so be real explicit with the bio to convince him to approve you!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WVa Wild111 View Post
    Are all FFR kits for racing? Or can they be turned into vehicles used for evening/weekend driving?
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier!! I hope you've found out by now that most of these cars are used to cruise. I've been on a road course a few times, but it's mostly weekend cruising for me.

Welcome to the forum!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bump for those who haven't seen it or who are having trouble registering...

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you tell me why I have to constantly sign back in? It seems if I navigate to various areas after I leave on and go to another it signs me out?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been having the same problem. It's especially frustrating when you reply to a thread and it tells me I must sign in first.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    I registered a couple of years ago when I was thinking of building a Factory Five and now that I'm beginning a GTM build I would like to update my bio/profile. Can't seem to figure it out and I'm sure I'm just missing something. Can I update my Bio? Thanks, David

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dherrenbruck View Post
    I registered a couple of years ago when I was thinking of building a Factory Five and now that I'm beginning a GTM build I would like to update my bio/profile. Can't seem to figure it out and I'm sure I'm just missing something. Can I update my Bio? Thanks, David
    You're all set.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey grinchyfella,

Welcome to the forum. Account upgraded for full access.

Hey Ovalwingnut,

Funny bio! Thanks for the chuckle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    So I get this bio submission today:

"most ridiculous forum signup in history. maybe get people to give you their first born too."

Pass, or Fail?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, depends, is their first born old enough to help with a build....

Post Thanks / Like
    On one hand, he sounds like his posts would be entertaining to say the least, and on the other hand, probably not worth the trouble. Fail!
    Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fail....
    If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough....

Build thread

MKIV complete kit # 9395 delivered 7/31/18

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ...and things had been going along so well...

3 rejections today. Rejections are getting really rare, but every once in a while folks forget how to read directions.

Sorry if you were rejected, but rules are rules...

Post Thanks / Like
    So I get this bio submission today:

"most ridiculous forum signup in history. maybe get people to give you their first born too."

Pass, or Fail?

I would need to see a pic of the first born to make that call

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ztoolman44, I HATE generic answers. I thorn in my side...

We haven't had a spammer in a long time, but we did get one today. Why? I let someone through who had a generic answer "My name is <whatever> and I'm here to learn". Seems kinda borderline, and I let them through. Luckily they didn't do anything that would be seen by others, but the system flagged their activity so I could nuke them.

Bottom line is this is an continuing, ongoing problem so to all you site newbies out there please follow the directions when registering! I hate to reject new members but will have to continue doing so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Understood. As a newbie, the instructions were pretty well documented. It seems that most of the people who join (that is true in my case) are interested in gleaning information from the experience on the forum; so a little bit of back-story seems warranted.

19. Thanks David Hodgkins thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    TTT... 2 rejections this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    ztoolman44, I HATE generic answers. I thorn in my side...

We haven't had a spammer in a long time, but we did get one today. Why? I let someone through who had a generic answer "My name is <whatever> and I'm here to learn". Seems kinda borderline, and I let them through. Luckily they didn't do anything that would be seen by others, but the system flagged their activity so I could nuke them.

Bottom line is this is an continuing, ongoing problem so to all you site newbies out there please follow the directions when registering! I hate to reject new members but will have to continue doing so.

Apologies if I offended, my comment there was a poor attempt at humor. I have no problem with the sign up program you have instituted. Seems to be working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ztoolman44 View Post
    Apologies if I offended, my comment there was a poor attempt at humor. I have no problem with the sign up program you have instituted. Seems to be working.
    Hehe, I wasn't talking about YOUR post brother! I was talking about generic Bio answers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe, I wasn't talking about YOUR post brother! I was talking about generic Bio answers.

Phew! I can take my head out of the oven. Certainly didn't want the moderator upset with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, thanks for the "rules," I look forward to learning what others have done in the process of building their cars!

25. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    tom, Let me know if there is anything you need or want to chat about.

bump for the "Car Enthusiast"s bio rejects out there...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    To the person who was rejected today:

YES, your bio DOES MATTER.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Another note, once again: PLEASE read the instructions!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've been rejecting more registrations this week than usual. That's really unfortunate. I'm sure some were legit. But I have to stick to my guns on this because the bots are out there and they are never-ending.

Please send me a note through the contact-us if your account or registration needs attention .

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Once again it's time to remind new registrants to properly fill out the bio field.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    For those who may be joining just to sell parts...

32. Likes Mrallsport32 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Note to registrants: Just answer the bio question! Flippant, "I don't fill out Bios" answers are considered generic and WILL BE REJECTED!

34. Likes Mrallsport32 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Glad to see there is something in place to cut down on the Spammers. Just wish that I had access to my "Profile" so I could at least add a location.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Car Man View Post
    Glad to see there is something in place to cut down on the Spammers. Just wish that I had access to my "Profile" so I could at least add a location.
    Try it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Generic Bio Answer alert

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hello, If you are trying to register for this site or have recently done so, this is some important information you need to know about two topics: Registration, and New Member Permissions.

Re: Registering for the forum...
    All new registrations are moderated before you can post your first post. This may add a delay between registering and being able to post.
    The registration process includes Biography as a required field which has to be filled with something relating to why you are on this site.

The registration form states:
    Fill in a few details about yourself, and specifically, why you are signing up for this forum. This field is required, and is used to help verify you are not a spammer. Don't put gibberish or generic answers in this field, as it will be viewed by the membership moderator after signup. If the moderator can't tie this answer to why you have signed up for this site, your membership request will be denied, and you will have to re-register!

Let me reiterate: If you register for the site and don't put something related to this site in the Bio field your registration will be rejected. Small, generic answers like "New to site", "Car Lover", "Mechanic" will get you rejected. If you get a rejection email or no response from the site within 48 hrs after trying to register then click this Contact Us link to get in touch and we'll get you registered.

Re: New Member Permissions... (Supporting Vendors and current PRIVATE PARTY - ie: non-commercial entity - FFR owners are exempt from these restrictions. If you are new and currently own a Factory Five, send me a PM and I'll update your status.)

For everyone else who is new to the forum, Welcome! I'm sorry for the restrictions that follow, but since they were put in place we have had virtually NO ongoing spam problems. If you want to request an exemption to the following, send me a PM. Exemption requests are discussed in the thread so feel free to peruse the entire thread and as always, comments are encouraged and welcome. /EDIT

For new members with less than 20 posts these restrictions are as follows:

• You do not have access to your blog.
    • You cannot post a new thread in the FOR SALE classifieds. You can still create a new thread in the WANTED portion of the classifieds. Posting a FOR SALE thread in a WANTED classified forum will be treated as a direct attempt to circumvent the rules and you WILL be penalized, up to and including a temporary or permanent ban.
    • You can't create a picture album.
    • You can't create a group of post new threads to a group. You can still post to existing group threads.
    • You cannot update your profile or have a signature.
    • You cannot have a custom title
    • Calendar access is restricted (Thanks for the catch kwb160!)

After you reach 20 posts, your account will be transitioned to another group that has these restrictions removed. This can take up to an hour after you reach 20 posts. We had to take this measure to better fight the ongoing problem of spam.

EDIT: Please note, posting items for sale should always be limited to the classifieds, and continued posting of for sale items in the classifieds - beyond extra parts floating around in your garage for example - may result in you being flagged as a commercial vendor. All commercial vendor postings are confined to supporting vendors. If you are interested in becoming a supporting vendor on our site please see this page for more information:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/conte...rs-Information

As always, comments are welcome.

Thank you for this clarification. That explains quite a bit. I guess that I'll have to do a bit more posting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really glad you guys are on top of the rules. This community is much better run than previous forums I've been a part of. Thank you for keeping it classy ;-)

40. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Halligan View Post
    Really glad you guys are on top of the rules. This community is much better run than previous forums I've been a part of. Thank you for keeping it classy ;-)
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new to the site, new to cars, but looking forward to the adventure. I guess this is my first post!!
    Roger

43. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just registered last week. Getting my MK4 kit early May

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forum Roger and Dieter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Folks, just throwing this out there once again...

BIO FIELD: entering "bio" or a variation of ": )" is too generic and will be - has been - rejected, even repeatedly. I don't want to know your bank info, just that your not a bot. I got a good one today. Two words. Future Builder. Tells me everything I need to know.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast