Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  19
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT : Registration and New Member Functionality PLEASE READ

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Can this (or is it already) be attached to the initial Forum signup page with a "check box" that has to be marked to complete the registration?

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi I am sturigus and I am from southeast Georgia and if you are in the area I would love to talk to you. I want to build a 33 rod and now that I am retired I have my chance. I already have the CD and the welcome pack also I bought the assembly book for the 33. I love reading the form and glade it is here. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    sturgus83, create a new thread in this forum and introduce yourself. I'm sure there are local builders in your are who would either stop by or arrange to meet somewhere to "talk shop".

If you are interested in speaking with me personally, let me know and I'll send my cell # in a PM (private message).

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here's a bump for the rejected. If I sent you a registration rejection email, I think the maybe you aren't a spam bot, but just didn't read the instructions on the registration form. Spam bot registrations don't get rejection emails, they just get rejected.

FYI

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Note: "looking to purchase", by itself, and from outside the us especially, will get rejected. Again, if you GET a rejection, it means I think you might be human. Maybe. Register again, and please read the directions...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    LOTS of generic answers today!

From the FIRST post:
    Re: Registering for the forum...
    All new registrations are moderated before you can post your first post. This may add a delay between registering and being able to post.
    The registration process includes Biography as a required field which has to be filled with something relating to why you are on this site.

The registration form states:
    Fill in a few details about yourself, and specifically, why you are signing up for this forum. This field is required, and is used to help verify you are not a spammer. Don't put gibberish or generic answers in this field, as it will be viewed by the membership moderator after signup. If the moderator can't tie this answer to why you have signed up for this site, your membership request will be denied, and you will have to re-register!

Let me reiterate: If you register for the site and don't put something related to this site in the Bio field your registration will be rejected. Small, generic answers like "New to site", "Car Lover", "Mechanic" will get you rejected. If you get a rejection email or no response from the site within 48 hrs after trying to register then click this Contact Us link to get in touch and we'll get you registered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    "retired" isn't a sufficient BIO answer...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ... nor is "Hello"...

ugh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    ... nor is "Hello"...

ugh.
    Huh... You'd think that Adele would be the last one to be interested in building a car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    Huh... You'd think that Adele would be the last one to be interested in building a car.
    Showing my age but I thought of Lionel Richie with hello instead of Adele.

But seriously,
    Dave,
    Thanks for all that you do to keep the forum working and free of trolls, I can't wait to see how a Wookie fits in the 33 hot rod truck.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All
    I'm a newby from Perth Western Australia and am hoping to get an FF kit in the not too distant future. Thanks for all the interesting threads and to those who have answered questions already.
    Braden

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey Braden! Welcome to the forum. Feel free to open a thread to ask any questions you got. We're here to help!

Post Thanks / Like

changing my profile

Thanks for info. Not sure how many posts I have done so far but I'm looking forward to changing "looking for a Cobra" to "HAVING a Cobra!" Yahoooo!

Post Thanks / Like
    I returned from Wareham last night after placing my order in person with Dan. I have a sales order number if that helps. I have a projected completion date of 12/23. I would love to start a build thread. I only have 7 posts I believe so far. Let me know if I can proceed or continue posting. I have pm’ed quite a bit but nor too many general postings.

Thank you for maintaining this forum. I can’t imagine the work involved.
    Scott Hunter

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhunter View Post
    I returned from Wareham last night after placing my order in person with Dan. I have a sales order number if that helps. I have a projected completion date of 12/23. I would love to start a build thread. I only have 7 posts I believe so far. Let me know if I can proceed or continue posting. I have pm’ed quite a bit but nor too many general postings.

Thank you for maintaining this forum. I can’t imagine the work involved.
    Scott Hunter
    Scott,

You're all set. Congratulations on your order!

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

A newbie and completely understand the restrictions. Have seen something similar on a couple Yamaha jet boat forums.

I've been trolling around looking at posts over the past couple months and have learned so much. Thank you to all for sharing and the great information.

So looking forward to visiting FFR next month and the build school in March.

Steve Hewson
    ILPBFoot

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Steve, thanks and welcome to the madness. You'll have a great time at the school. Let me know if you want to use the gallery or update your profile before you reach 20 posts. As a matter of fact don't bother. Upgraded!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Here's a registration tip:

Don't fill out the bio telling me how stupid it is to have to fill out a bio field!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, new guy opinion. No problem. It isn't about the money. No one who is trying to decide on the options in a 30K build kit should balk at a one dollar fee. On the other hand sometimes my paypal account doesn't work right so please don't make it the only way for me to prove I am not a Cylon (If you ***** us, do we not bleed?).

I did see where you banned a guy for two days for posting a for sale item in the 'wanted' section. I have noticed regional confusion over this in some newspapers. Some papers post 'want to sell' items under 'wanted.'

Also, I am not much of a blogger so I am struggling a bit with the site. I have some really basic questions that I am sure have been asked hundreds of times but I cannot locate what I am seeking. This would be simple questions like, "Which engine and why?" I am trying to avoid obvious redundancy so I will keep looking before asking my series of newbie questions.

Thanks for this site!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously? You block Shakespeare? The Merchant of Venice? Now I am nervous about the rules!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'll block anyone, if they don't follow directons. Like saying you "Live under Caleb's outhouse". I mean what is that?

PS if you need any help just send me a PM. If you need a LOT of help, include your phone number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All,

Not new to Cobra's or FFR. I have hovering for years. Finally Semi-retired (180A) USA and now a small business owner. Looking to finally get things going and begin the FFR Roadster challenge.

V/R,

Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_dirtte19 View Post
    Hello All,

Not new to Cobra's or FFR. I have hovering for years. Finally Semi-retired (180A) USA and now a small business owner. Looking to finally get things going and begin the FFR Roadster challenge.

V/R,

Dan
    Dan, glad to have you here. Good luck on your FFR quest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe if I'd spent some time here and carefully read the rules, I wouldn't have sent a message about permissions!
    1 down, 19 to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greeting FFR fanatics! My very first post and I want to say Hi! I do not own a FFR ride (Yet) I am in search though. but straight to the point, I have always drooled over Billy Gibbon's (ZZ Top) 33 Ford Eliminator! So after a recent re-evaluation of my life's journey, a 33 Ford has been on the list. After searching, I found that FFR is the route I want to go. Sure I can build the entire car from the ground up, but i need to give my hands a break and just cruise. So, anyone out there considering in making the drastic decision to hand their pride and joy, or nearly an unfinished project, over to an enthusiast, please reach out. Looking forward to meeting you all here in the forum. Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello FFR! After years of keeping vehicles running and minor upgrades (<20 hour projects), I've gotten the bug to build new. The idea of an entirely clean workspace being filled with new and maybe donor parts is nice to consider. I have been reading forum posts and watching members' build videos and it was time to join in. Thanks in advance for advice, stories and pictures already shared here. I'll forward to the next steps...Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David, reminded me I needed to change my profile now I am building FFR GTM instead of just reading and trying make that decision to dive into my own build

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the introductions gents, looks like you all are getting good use of the forum! I had another signup today excited about building something NEW instead of resurrecting a pile of rust and wear. I'm a fan of that, having built 2 FFRs and a Rusto-mod Mustang. I much prefer driving my MKIII!

I'm chiming in once again because some folks are still putting extremely generic answers in the bio fields. "Retire Electric Engineer" and numbers in both the user name and email, email completely different than ID; People! These attributes will get your registration rejected.

Once again folks, thanks for signing up! Let us help you drive your dream car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow, two days in a row.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't know much about computers so I am SO GRATEFUL for all the people like you who do. Thank you for all the hard work!
    "Doddmoore," Mitchell Moore on facebook, Follow Tonks347Cobra on Instagram
    MK IV Complete kit, SB Ford 347, Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 500, Moser 8.8 Solid axle, Wilwoods, Power Steering
    My Build Thread: Tonks347, The Baker's Build
    Slow and steady wins the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, you inspired me to upgrade my Bio.
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017, Street Legal 2/14/2020.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for information; I was a member in past but that lapsed. Own FR3089-FsT Cobra registered in Virginia. MK2 which I re-engined and upgraded all the mechanical systems; it was built originally in 2002. Great driver w/aluminum 427 Ford Racing engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you place a picture under your name as other members have done to initiate their posts? Thanks - Bob G

Post Thanks / Like
    David

I join long time ago. I have bought Factory Five Roadster #9334. How can I post and update my build?

Gordon Brown
    Bronzecobra

ADMIN EDIT: Gordon, the forum software has rules in place to put posts into moderation if they have links until you reach 10 posts. So although you are a long time member this post went to moderation due to the email link you included. I'm actually editing this in the moderation queue and have removed the email and phone info.

I've changed your status to full membership so you can edit your profile, use the galleries, etc. but try not to post links in your next 9 posts or they too will go into moderation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gordon, note my edit above...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FstCobra View Post
    How do you place a picture under your name as other members have done to initiate their posts? Thanks - Bob G
    Bob, you're good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doddmoore View Post
    I don't know much about computers so I am SO GRATEFUL for all the people like you who do. Thank you for all the hard work!
    Thank YOU sir for being part of the community!

Post Thanks / Like
    David

Thank you,

Gordon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey "Go Fast" bio guy:

Too generic!

?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast