Quote Originally Posted by apillow4 View Post
Hey Everyone,
I know Factory Five is constantly updating their kits based on feedback from their customer community. Does anyone know if the tank issues have been improved or is the Boyd Tank still the way to go?
Thanks
After a 9 month back order, I just received their "revised" tank. The filler neck is still mounted in the center, which makes no sense to me. Yes, the tank will work, and the Factory continues to install them on all their Factory builds. However, the main problem I found was in order to service the tank in the future I would need to remove the body to remove the tank from the chassis. I'm not sure if this is because they changed the shape of the tank, but it just doesn’t make sense to me why I would want to remove the body to service the fuel tank. There are ways to mitigate this with an external pump, but the fuel sender is still mounted internally. The last thing I want to do in the future would be to remove the body once it’s complete. Because of this, I elected to go with the Boyd tank. It’s a much better fit and easier to service if needed.