FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Under dash wiring

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Under dash wiring

OK, my wiring manual and my actual harness DO NOT MATCH so I submit to you vets in helping. I have a connector on my harness that mates with the connectors coming off of the column. This connector was labeled Hot Rod Only. Easy enough to figure out. And the manual stated as of last year, it would be pre-wired for the dash and not needed. HOWEVER, the dash wiring is still there as referenced in the manual for the older install, as I have shown in the pics below. What do I do with these extra sets of wires?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FFR HR #530
    Race car theme, Tim Whitaker roll bar, Autometer Autolite Gauges, Satin Black, SBC 383/700R4, 8.8 rear with Cobra Brakes, 3.29 gear, Boyd Tank, QA1 springs and shocks,

My build blog: http://jacks33hotrod.blogspot.com/

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    The flat connector should hook up to your column connector and all turnsignals and 4 ways should work OK. I had several wires I did not use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Wallace...I just spoke with tech support and they said to use the fitting "Hot Rod Only" and connect to the column wiring. I can essentially disregard the other set of wires that reference the column wiring and they can be removed from the harness.
    FFR HR #530
    Race car theme, Tim Whitaker roll bar, Autometer Autolite Gauges, Satin Black, SBC 383/700R4, 8.8 rear with Cobra Brakes, 3.29 gear, Boyd Tank, QA1 springs and shocks,

My build blog: http://jacks33hotrod.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I just spent a few hours yesterday cutting up the dash harness eliminating a lot of duplicate wiring for the turn signals, hazard switch and horn that are all inside the column. Now I know why a lot of people have ditched this harness. basically took all the wiring out of the loom and am re-routing most of it. I didn't want to end up with a birds nest under the dash.

Here is what it looks like now...