Quote Originally Posted by freds View Post
I'm at the point of fitting the fuel tank and need some information (before I jump dumb).

I have my engine and transmission + all the rear suspension and axles fitted + ride height set.
Now (a bit late I know!) I'd like to install a firewall between the tank and engine, but am not going to remove the engine to do it, so I'm looking for a way to do it on the cockpit side of the chassis.
Info that will help me check if the Boyd tank can be moved:

1. Does the Boyd tank sit on the FFR installed steel plate?
2. What are the overall dimensions of the Boyd tank?
3. I have read that with the Boyd tank installed an extra 3" of legroom is possible, presumably by moving the rear cockpit firewall back. Is this correct?
4. If yes...could the Boyd tank be moved forward and bolted to the vertical chassis member with stand-off brackets? Allowing space for a firewall and air-space gap?

All info and opinions welcome

Thanks in anticipation

fred

Photo lifted from Jerome's thread (thanks Jerome)

JeromeS13 Boyd Tank.jpg
Look at my build thread. I used the boyd tank and made my own firewall and insulation. I can install and remove my firewall with the engine in. You won't be able to install as many screws as I did because I did it before engine install. You can see the tank installed on a few threads as well to get an idea of dimensions.