..AND what a year it was. The 25 hour finale is over and in the books, home town rivalries are settled until next year. I must say, I am looking forward to a very exciting 2014! Six drivers piloted the GTM and won 12 races of 18 and on the podium four additional races with no DNF's. We dominated the SU and ES endurance series, setting a total lap record at Miller Motorsports Park. We met a great Cobra group in Utah that crewed for this six hour event. The drivers: Davy Jones, 2nd, 4th overall in his first race. Andy Sutak, 2nd,3rd, 4th. Tim Barber, 1st, 1st, in his first time in the car. Steve Zadig, 5 straight wins. Mike Holland, 5 straight wins. "Spirit of Thunderhill" award. This award has never been given to any team in the eleven year history of the 25 hour race! I have to thank all those that cheered us on and the infantry in the trenches that dug in and did the impossible that night after a very frightening incident.

The PDG team had the honors of eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with Al Unser Jr. and his son, along with Ivan Bellarosa, ( Yvonne, and Danniella cooked!). Let's not forget Davy and Paul! Where do we stand? I often wonder where we stand when it comes to the racing world as a whole, but when you are walking across the paddock and a gentleman interrupts your travel and says, " Hello, I'm Al Unser Jr., do you know who owns that car over there? that is one cool car!" And you reply, " that's my car." Now that is something to evaluate!
This year the team had the advise of pro engineers, spotters, and drivers that took notice. As the leader of this adventure, I refuse to burden all the volunteers into a commitment of a job, but maintain it as fun and casual as it can provide us. The GTM wave this year was a big one to ride and I think we rode it with passion and pride to all the kit car owners of the world.

The car attracted many new supporters that made the team advance to the next level. The car is back home from the 25 and in the garage eager to begin a new life in 2014. In the eight years of evolution with this project, I have learned only two things. 1. Never say quit or ( the car is done when the dashboard is dented). 2. You will always underestimate the possibility and destruction of fire if you have never experienced it.

Have a safe and happy holiday season.
See you at the races
Richard and Yvonne
All the team from PDG