Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Registration in New York

Post Thanks / Like
    Great News!
    Mark III 4630RD Explorer 302, Holley SA570, FRPP B-cam, 4 to 4's, 3 Link, Bullitt wheels, Baer Brakes, 3.73 gears, HD T-5, I2 wiring, Koni Coilovers, Classic Gauges. Jaguar Racing Green w/ Silver stripes

PM me if you live in Upstate New York. Get added to the "Upstate Cobras" email list. 60+ members!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to thank everyone for the great info. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an 818 C street-legal build, outside of Albany. Pretty amazing that this level of detail is shared.

I'll post some intro info and get on the Upstate Cobras list soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Who is the guy to talk with in Albany - Seems both Tom Noonan and Mark Engle have retired. Looking for a name with an email too preferable - if anyone has any info that would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer-Dave View Post
    Who is the guy to talk with in Albany - Seems both Tom Noonan and Mark Engle have retired. Looking for a name with an email too preferable - if anyone has any info that would be great.
    You can call (518) 474-5282 (option 4) and see who is there? Unfortunate that mark retired
    Frank - Build thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received my packet from the NY DMV to begin the registration process. I was wondering if anyone had advice on completing the emissions section of the form. It seems most of the check boxes do not apply (EGR, thermostatic air cleaner, fuel inlet restrictor, ETC.).

Another question on the lights. I have recorded all the DOT/SAE markings. The only lights without markings are the license plate LEDs. I was going to add a DOT license plate light if it were an issue.

Any suggestions to make this go well are appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey folks. Thanks for all the info above. My 818 kit is scheduled for pickup on 12/19, but as I prep my donor car I want to ensure I don't do anything that will affect my registration ability later on.

On thing in particular I want to do is a TGV delete on the intake. While the forms state "all emissions controls that were on the original make / model", that is really a very subtle and unnoticeable item, and the ECU can be programmed to totally bypass the codes being thrown. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with that in NYS? An option is just to do the partial delete and remove the discs on the valves but leave the rest of the system operational thus appearing and reporting 100% stock. Just doesn't allow me to fully port the valve bodies though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12