Uh-oh. Guess what day it was. Guess what day it was!

D E L I V E R Y _ D A Y ! ! !

IMAG0480.jpg

So I guess that means I can't/shouldn't delay starting my build thread any longer. It's crunch time at work right now, but after Friday, I'm on vacation until January 2, and I plan to work on the car most of those days, so more to come.

I decided to title this thread after the "Dummies" series of books, since I have no real mechanical, engineering, or fabricating aptitude and am therefore essentially a novice at this. Part of what I hope to show, is that you need not have the aforementioned skills to build this kit. At times, those (and other) areas of expertise will be needed; no doubt. My plan is to first seek assistance from sympathetic friends/acquaintances/contacts when/where I can, and engage the services of paid professionals when necessary. Obviously, I'll be spending more money for a similar result than those who possess the skills I lack (and I'm keeping a detailed accounting to prove it!), but the point for me is more to show others they too can accomplish this - and to give them a how-to guide along with a realistic idea of the added costs/areas.

So to all of you reading this who may be wondering if you can do this - those of you who want to build your own car, but have doubts if you could actually accomplish it - stay tuned. Besides how I decide to [sometimes foolishly] tackle certain problems, I'll also be sharing the unique challenges I run into as a novice. I hope it allows other novices to see around some corners and into some blind spots, and ultimate inspires them to build the car of their dreams...