Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Compatible exhaust systems

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Compatible exhaust systems

I am looking to do a full exhaust for an 818R. I am not concerned with emissions, cats or sound. All I care about is performance and compatibility. I have a 04 2.0 turbo. Will most exhaust systems fit with the 818 or should I be weary and selective for compatibility.

What would you recommend for a full exhaust system from heads to tailpipe? Also, what should I be wrapping this in for heat?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using a Moore Performance Parts EL header on my 04 2.0 with a twins scroll turbo set up www.mooreperformanceparts.com

Post Thanks / Like
    An equal length twin scroll header with a twin scroll turbo would be the hottest ticket. External wastegate venting to atmosphere would probably help top end power.

Full Race has a great reputation if you're willing to spend the premium for their stuff.
    Last edited by Evan78; 12-23-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nobody makes a tail pipe set up for the 818 currently, I made custom ones for mine and the GRM car using a bell mouth downpipe and Vibrant 3" muffler.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan78 View Post
    An equal length twin scroll header with a twin scroll turbo would be the hottest ticket. External wastegate venting to atmosphere would probably help top end power.

Full Race has a great reputation if you're willing to spend the premium for their stuff.
    I have a vf37 with equal length headers (all jdm). With my stock internal waste-gate turbo you don't need the external other than for sound, but they do sound cool. You actually can loose power with them on my setup. With a bigger different turbo designed for such a setup well than you have a masterpiece like all the full race stuff.

I made my exhaust from my bell mouth on like Wayne.
    Last edited by metalmaker12; 12-24-2013 at 09:35 AM.

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    run it out the top like a 918. end of story.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmaker12 View Post
    I have a vf37 with equal length headers (all jdm). With my stock internal waste-gate turbo you don't need the external other than for sound, but they do sound cool. You actually can loose power with them on my setup. With a bigger different turbo designed for such a setup well than you have a masterpiece like all the full race stuff.

I made my exhaust from my bell mouth on like Wayne.
    I only mentioned EWG because he said "I am not concerned with emissions, cats or sound. All I care about is performance and compatibility." It is certainly not NEEDED. I am not well versed on VF37 setups specifically. How/why do people lose power with an external wastegate on a VF37? Do you happen to have any links handy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by longislandwrx View Post
    run it out the top like a 918. end of story.
    I'm trying to figure out a good exhaust blown diffuser system, assuming the Subaru engine can push enough air to make it worth it.
    2003 WRX - Daily Driver/Rallycross Beater
    1998 M3 - Track Toy

Still trying to find a FFR car I fit in

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan78 View Post
    I only mentioned EWG because he said "I am not concerned with emissions, cats or sound. All I care about is performance and compatibility." It is certainly not NEEDED. I am not well versed on VF37 setups specifically. How/why do people lose power with an external wastegate on a VF37? Do you happen to have any links handy?
    Sorry if I sounded condescending, I can get some dyno sheets that will prove it, but I have to dig for em, give me some time to find em, I will pm u

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't read anything negative into your post. I was just clarifying why I mentioned it. On VF37, I would think the turbine represents enough of an exhaust restriction to benefit from an EWG setup that vents to atmosphere. I don't have any guesses as to why you'd lose power by using an EWG.