Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Transporting my kit through Canada

Post Thanks / Like

Transporting my kit through Canada

I am new here and I have a question about transporting a new kit through Canada. Yesterday I ordered a type 65 and the quickest route for me being that I'm in the Ann Arbor Michigan area is to drive through Canada to pick up the kit I'm curious if anybody has any information that could help me or if its even possible so that I don't have to deal with customs. Thanks for all the help I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't think it would be too big of a deal as long as the paperwork was in order. You should probably try to contact Transport Canada, Canadian Border Services and someone on the U.S. side of the border just to see if you need any special documents. I would think a quick Google search should turn up some toll free phone numbers for each. I would hate to have you try and cross and be charged some kind of duty or worse, have them charge you tax on the Canadian side.

Congrats on the new purchase.

Thanks John

Post Thanks / Like
    Well after looking at the map going to Canada would be the quickest way but dealing with the hassle of going through Canada isn't worth it it's only about an hour to go around the bottom of Lake Erie so I guess I will just stay in the US and take the longer route but thanks for the advice and help anyways.