Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  104
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Adam's Canadian 13B Rotary 818-SR Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian818 View Post
    the wheel and tire combined are 60lbs!
    Holly f******** crap!

Crossing fingers you'll learn good while slowly driving it and taking experience with the x8 before you post a monster video of the 818 flat out!
    This fall is in a few months, pretty close! I'll be watching my youtube notifications.
    Frank
    818 chassis #181 powered by a '93 VW VR6 Turbo GT3582R
    Go-karted Aug 5, 2016 - Then May 19+21, 2017
    Tracked May 27/July 26, 2017
    Build time before being driveable on Sep 27, 2019: over 6000h
    Build Completed Winter 2021

2. Likes Canadian818 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been terrible with filming and editing the progress of this build. The last 10% of any build seems to take the longest, and is so tedious that it doesn't make for good content (wholesome or otherwise, lol). So I made a video recapping the progress I made last year, the problems and the wins. Lots of driving videos sprinkled in there, but not being from the tik-tok generation I decided to reward those with attention spans and the better clips are later in the video.

https://youtu.be/80qk3hDQ-38
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

4. Likes J R Jones, FF33rod, Rob T, Kurk818, STiPWRD, JohnnyB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your car sounds amazing. Thanks for the update.

6. Likes Canadian818 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    C818 For what it is worth, I bought a 1983 RX7 with a bad 12A. I had access to a Mazda factory built marine 13B with a four barrel carb that dynoed at 200hp. I reconfigured for the car and bought Racing Beat exhaust.
    The primaries had pre-chambers and twin pipes continued back to the rear muffler which was kind of a Borla copy. The sound was what I described as "titanium bees". It was terrific and not too loud.
    jim
    RX-7 redux 002.jpg
    RX7 engine.JPG

8. Thanks Canadian818 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J R Jones View Post
    C818 For what it is worth, I bought a 1983 RX7 with a bad 12A. I had access to a Mazda factory built marine 13B with a four barrel carb that dynoed at 200hp. I reconfigured for the car and bought Racing Beat exhaust.
    The primaries had pre-chambers and twin pipes continued back to the rear muffler which was kind of a Borla copy. The sound was what I described as "titanium bees". It was terrific and not too loud.
    jim
    RX-7 redux 002.jpg
    RX7 engine.JPG
    I love a clean FB, very nice car! With some good resonators a rotary can sound good and not crazy loud. My problem is I don’t have the room for long resonators or pre-chambers like on a rx7. The car also got quite a bit louder after the rebuild as I went aggressive with the engine porting. I’m about halfway done the new exhaust now. I’m using a much bigger muffler that’s 1 into 2 and then two resonators but I’ve eliminated the cat. It should flow better than before and with any luck be quieter too. It’s using up all the real estate above and on the sides of the trans and adding weight, so hopefully it’s not for nothing.
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017

10. Thanks J R Jones thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian818 View Post
    I love a clean FB, very nice car! With some good resonators a rotary can sound good and not crazy loud. My problem is I don’t have the room for long resonators or pre-chambers like on a rx7. The car also got quite a bit louder after the rebuild as I went aggressive with the engine porting. I’m about halfway done the new exhaust now. I’m using a much bigger muffler that’s 1 into 2 and then two resonators but I’ve eliminated the cat. It should flow better than before and with any luck be quieter too. It’s using up all the real estate above and on the sides of the trans and adding weight, so hopefully it’s not for nothing.
    C818,
    My Nikki four barrel was small, the Racing Beat Holley would have made more power.
    I had bridge ported secondaries and stock primaries that resulted in great idle and throttle response. Getting vacuum and velocity across the venturis is a challenge.
    As mentioned on the forum before, the SCCA GT3 RX7s use a large muffler can with lava rocks inside. When they disintegrate they open the can and put in new rocks.
    The sound level was legal on the track, I don't know about the street.
    jim

12. Likes Canadian818 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't get any better last year with filming or editing in a timely manner. Another attention span reward at the end of this one. I have some more driving videos, so I'll put them together with some of my analysis in the coming weeks. Only a few upgrades this winter, so expect some dyno and track videos finally! If you think it feels like forever, imagine how I feel!

https://youtu.be/D-KEZp6se78
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017

14. Likes Bob_n_Cincy liked this post
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425