Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cloth seats in an open car?

Post Thanks / Like

Cloth seats in an open car?

Shopping for seats this week. I liked the Sparco Sprint V in my Miata. It was perfect for a too-tall driver like me, and the price is hard to beat. My concern is with how well the cloth finish will hold up to the elements. Does anyone have any insight on this? Naturally the car will be garage kept, but it will still see a lot of direct sun and the inevitable sudden rain storm.

My other option is the Corbeau Forza Sport in black vinyl, but they're definitely not as comfortable.
    2003 WRX - Daily Driver/Rallycross Beater
    1998 M3 - Track Toy

Still trying to find a FFR car I fit in

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought bimarco seats. They have a removable, washable cover. Worst case they're probably cheaper than new seats.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    I had cloth Kirkeys in my roadster and they didn't burn my butt in the AZ sun like vinyl would. I got caught in a few rain storms with a total soaking several times and the seats dried out. I'd go with fabric.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The NRG seats I got from Erik (33Machine, the same as in his electric 818 build) also have a removable cloth cover with suede-like material in the high wear areas. They're nice enough as is, but at some point I may do some custom (leather/alcantara?) upholstery if they wear. Although I'm sure that would cost more that the seats did! In my wife's 135i vert, we have off-white leather which is great, it stays cool in the CA sun, and leather cleans up nicely. I would stay away from vinyl, especially if black unless you like being scalded.