Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: IFS upper balljoint

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Director of R&D, FFR Jim Schenck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the older arms the threaded section where the ball joint screws in was not centered in the plate so the ball joint could screw all the way in but still look different side to side. As long as the ball joint is tightened down as far as it can go this has no affect on the geometry, but if the ball joint looks like there are still threads showing then it needs to be screwed in more until it is fully seated to be safe.
    Jim Schenck
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    so Jim here is the senario: ok all my paperwork, getting it together for my build, and i need a saftey inspection along with a state trooper inspection.
    the senario continues if you were the inspector and saw one balljoint different than the other, now it becomes a repair issue how do you prove to these guys that the geometry is the same.
    bottom line i need the part "to make a pair" on the balljoints.
    it won't pass inspection________________________________________ ______and it doesn't pass mine.
    that simple my friend.

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by J¡m View Post
    On the older arms the threaded section where the ball joint screws in was not centered in the plate so the ball joint could screw all the way in but still look different side to side. As long as the ball joint is tightened down as far as it can go this has no affect on the geometry, but if the ball joint looks like there are still threads showing then it needs to be screwed in more until it is fully seated to be safe.
    and Cris thanks for the response i did save the covers of some of the boxes but i believe only one of each, just for part #'s
    Mk 3.1 #6945