BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Spark plug wire looms and aluminum spacers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Spark plug wire looms and aluminum spacers

Long story to give kudos to a company, aluminumspacers.com. I bought a nice set of ball milled aluminum wire looms that ran perpendicular to the valve covers. Got all my wires cut and crimped and ran. Realized shortly thereafter I could not install my billet and stainless tube oil dipstick, it would come out underneath.

So I found a nice set at Summit, that ran upright next to the valve covers and my wire lengths fit perfect thinking these would allow it to clear. Wrong, one of the looms was directly in the way of the dipstick handle. Altering the handles header bold mount caused a curve in the tube that I could not get the dipstick in.

Act Three. The looms came with plastic spacers and bolts that allow them to be spaced up about 2 1/2", perfectly clearing the handle. I did not like the bolts and wanted studs. Found a 3.5" ARP set again at Summit, the longest they had. After installing they turned out to be just a little too short. Cutting the plastic spacers produced results that I was not happy with, so I turned to the above mentioned vendor.

Ordered what I needed off their website, all showed in stock, shipped that day, and for $6 had them in 2 days. Nice deal for those of us that may need aluminum spacers from time to time.
    FFR HR #530
    Race car theme, Tim Whitaker roll bar, Autometer Autolite Gauges, Satin Black, SBC 383/700R4, 8.8 rear with Cobra Brakes, 3.29 gear, Boyd Tank, QA1 springs and shocks,

My build blog: http://jacks33hotrod.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at my ugly headlight mounts and ordered a couple aluminum spacers from McMaster Carr to replace the pressed steel pieces, this looks like a cool source if the ones I got don't really work. Thanks!